Eurofighter just flew past my window

Soldato
Didn't they do a mythbusters episode of this, where they had a plane (a fighter plane) fly by a wooden shack they created to see if it would crack the window, at insanely low altitudes?

Yes, at absurdly low attitudes, that would be completely illegal and unsafe, and they only just managed to crack a plastic window. But that was due to it flexing too much.

Soldato
Had a few over here lately, the other week there were a couple playing about chasing each other in a tight figure 8 circuit. Mostly get F15s and Hercs so it makes a bit of a change

Soldato
Saw the Eurofighter and the Vulcan at Bournemouth recently, both amazing to watch.

The eurofighter was suprisingly loud when it used the afterburners, and wouldnt be suprised if it was a big old window with a flimsy piece of glass.

Associate
Have you tried lighting a cigar off the engine exhaust yet?

This reminds me of when I was at the North Weald Fighter Meet many years ago. A Tornado was taxiing from the parking stand ready for it's display and like a fool I thought I'd take a photo as it turned in front of me, so I stand right against the fence. "I'll just wait until it turns fully away from me, just a few more seconds, .....now!" I click the shutter just as I'm pushed off balance by the exhuast and take a picture of the sky. :D

Man of Honour
Co-incidentally had one fly over (yes using after burners) as I came out of work today... I live in Somerset a few miles from Yeovilton airbase - he was a good 7,000 feet or so up by my reckoning and it was still pretty loud... no windows were in danger tho...

Soldato
Yeovilton, the worlds most depressing airbase. Haha.
The GR9s aint too much quieter than the eurofighter to be honest.

Id hate living on a base with eurofighters and what not mind..
Or chinooks, theyr a nightmare too.
God bless merlins and seakings!

Soldato
Saw the Eurofighter and the Vulcan at Bournemouth recently, both amazing to watch.

The eurofighter was suprisingly loud when it used the afterburners, and wouldnt be suprised if it was a big old window with a flimsy piece of glass.

I saw them both on the Saturday.

The Vulcan was my favourite of the day as it was the first time I had seen it (the noise is amazing) but the eurofighter was bloody good.

It's really weird to watch them fly as it just moves so differently to everything else. The way it could change direction was amazing.

Vulcan is planned to appear at Silverstone tomorrow afternoon, so if you live nearby you should hear it coming :)

Associate
In all the years I have lived and worked around the Coningsby area I have never heard of a window breaking or cracking from a typhoon or with the F3 before it. Highly improbable imo.

Soldato
In all the years I have lived and worked around the Coningsby area I have never heard of a window breaking or cracking from a typhoon or with the F3 before it. Highly improbable imo.
There are literally hundreds of stories of windows mysteriously breaking after Tornado flights in the middle east though...

Permabanned
haha I love Highway to the danger ZOONNNNE at the airshow Sunderland stuck in a time warp?

Couple of years ago the Red Arrows fly over my house in formation that was amazing, just heard this rumble and was near the back down and jumped out and saw them in formation about 800 feet from the ground.

Take all your fancy tech but nothing beats this
Swearing.

Back
Top Bottom