Zotac 9300 MoBo problem

Associate
Hi
I recently purchased and built the computer components below but I seem to have a couple of problems.

Windows Vista performance utility only gives the on board graphics a rating of "1" so can anyone recommend a reasonably good low profile graphics card that will fit in this ITX case. Also the computer is fitted with 4MB of ram but it is only recognising 3MB, can anyone help please?

Case: Mini-ITX Case
Mobo: Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi Mini-ITX (socket 775) PCI Ex DDR2.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 'Yorkfield' 2.83GHz (1333FSB).
CPU Cooler: Arctic cooling freezer 7 Low Profile CPU Cooler.
Ram: Corsair XMS2 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2 8500C5 Twinx dual channel.
SSD: G.Skill Falcon 128GB 2.5" SATA-II.
Graphics: Saphire ATI Radeon HD 4550 Low Profile 512Mb
Optical Drive: Samsung SN S083C BeBe 8x R/W SATA Slimline Drive OEM.

Soldato
Windows vista performance rating has absolutely no idea what it's talking about. Ignore it (you have installed the drivers from the motherboard cd I assume).

Gb of ram, not mb. Big difference. And this is because you are using a 32 bit operating system instead of a 64 bit one, shift to 64 bit windows or just accept that you cant use quite all the ram (it's showing 3.4 to 3.8gb I suspect, not 3.0)

So you do have the 4550?

Id expect your issues to be with the power supply in the case, not with the onboard graphics. This is an arguement for using onboard, don't stress the cheap & nasty psu any more than you have to.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your reply.

Yes the GB was a typing error, I have 4MB and it's showing 3071MB.

I have installed the graphics drivers from the cd and I haven't used the computer for anythig that needs heavy graphics as yet. Should I do so in the future can you reccommend a decent card that will fit in that case.

Regarding the 4550 I was advised not to buy it by a member of this forum saying "why would I want a low grade card when there is one on board", so I didn't.

Can you clarify you statement regarding the PSU, isn't the one fitted in the case much good?

Cheers

Soldato
A little off-topic, but did you have any difficulty fitting the AC Freezer 7?
I'm considering that cooler for my system, but I've heard it mentioned that other components of the motherboard get in the way.
Does the PWM fan control work okay with it?

Associate
OP
Hi

The AC Freezer 7 wouldn't fit and I snapped one of the copper pipes trying to make it. My advice is: don't buy it for this box.

With the equipment I've got do you know whether I can install a 64bit OS?

Soldato
A 64bit os will be fine, I use one on an E6600 Zotac 9300 setup just fine, infact I have never installed a 32bit one on it, come to think of it.

Back
Top Bottom