4-Way SLI anyone?

Soldato
It seemes EVGA are releasing a new board

The EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI
170-BL-E762-A1_XL_1.jpg

170-BL-E762-A1_XL_5.jpg

Although you need 4 of their Classified GTX285's to do this.
And a case with 10 expansion slots (XL-ATX)
01G-P3-1190-AR_XL_1.jpg

More info on EVGA site

EVGA is proud to announce the world’s first 4-way SLI capable setup, the EVGA GTX 285 Classified and X58 Classified 4-Way SLI, but the innovative features do not stop there. Everything on the GTX 285 Classified is designed for the extreme enthusiast, from the 8 Phase Digital PWM to the the X-Cool Switch and Dedicated Voltage readpoints! These features and more allow you to do what matters; get the most from your hardware.

In addition to this innovative graphics card, EVGA is also announcing the EVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI Edition, this motherboard has an impressive 7 PCIe Expansion slots allowing you to combine up to 4 EVGA GTX 285 Graphics cards for extreme performance! Important note: a case with 9 or more expansion slots is required, 10 for 4-Way SLI.

EVGA GTX 285 Classified Graphics Card

* GeForce GTX 285 GPU
* 4-Way SLI Support
* 8 Phase Digital PWM
* Low ESR/ESL Film Capacitor
* X-Cool jumper for Extreme OC
* 3 PCIe 6 pin power connectors
* Dedicated Voltage Read Points
* EVGA EVbot support

EVGA X58 SLI Classified 4-Way SLI Motherboard

* Intel® X58 Express Chipset with the ICH10R Southbridge
* 7 PCIe Slots for 2-Way, 3-Way, 4-Way SLI or CrossFireX Support
* 10 Phase Digital PWM with Switching Frequency of 1333KHz
* Low ESR/ESL Film Capacitor
* 100% Solid State Capacitors
* EVGA E-LEET Tuning Utility Software
* EVGA EVbot Support
* EVGA ECP V2 (EVGA Control Panel)

Looks nice shame it's a complete waste of money.

Board cost is $449.99

And GTX 285 $379.99

Any takers :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't think it was possible to run 4 x GTX285's in SLi, thought nVidia only did tri Sli with the 285's, and that Quad SLi was only possible via 2 x GTX295's???

The mobo looks OTT imo...

Soldato
Corr Blimy! and i jsut set a mate up with my old 78000gt (last card iv owned) to play left 4 dead.... Who would want quad sli... let alone need it...

Associate
ther is no point of putting 285gts in 4 way sli, + it wil b creating a lot of heat, which game wil utilize quad gpus?
btw is nvidia late for quad sli tech? as ati alreadi hav quad crossfire support?

Associate
I would have one for folding. But I would rather install GTX295's. Not sure why this would *need* to have 285GTX Classified's though. I agree on the gaming front, but seeing as I dont game on my PC, it doesn't matter, I just fold.

Maybe this will be THE most expensive board to grace the UK shelves. Time will tell.

Soldato
I would have one for folding. But I would rather install GTX295's. Not sure why this would *need* to have 285GTX Classified's though. I agree on the gaming front, but seeing as I dont game on my PC, it doesn't matter, I just fold.

Maybe this will be THE most expensive board to grace the UK shelves. Time will tell.

I would imagine they are desinged to enable quad SLI, with an extra SLi bridge etc.

Associate
ther is no point of putting 285gts in 4 way sli, + it wil b creating a lot of heat, which game wil utilize quad gpus?
btw is nvidia late for quad sli tech? as ati alreadi hav quad crossfire support?

nVidia did quad SLI with the 9800GX2 and GTX295's, pretty sure they did with the 7950GX2 or whatever it was too. Granted it was only 2 units, but it was still 4 GPUs.

Soldato
I didn't think it was possible to run 4 x GTX285's in SLi, thought nVidia only did tri Sli with the 285's, and that Quad SLi was only possible via 2 x GTX295's???

The mobo looks OTT imo...

The limitation was simply a lack of space. This mobo has enough PCI-e slots to accomodate 4 cards. It's technically possible that it would support 4-way Crossfire as well.

Also, I'd like to see what kind of PSU you need to power that 4-way SLI. Notice each classified 285 needs 3 power connections. Are there any PSU's in existence that have 12 PCI-E connectors? Probably going to have to strap two or even three PSU's together, which means you're gonna need a huge case. Not to mention getting a case with 10 expansion slots. I can see these being custom-case or no-case jobbies.

Back
Top Bottom