• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 285 classified (and 4 way SLI)

Permabanned
Well in theory it's possible. Quad SLi is possible as you know GTX295 Sli is quad SLi.

I think the main issue was the lack of motherboards to support 4 graphics cards.

It's a bit lame really though, especially with new cards looming. The price is obviously going to be pretty high for the board too.

Associate
OP
Seems to be $50 more than the regular E760 Part Number: 170-BL-E762-A1 (the board that is).

Card seems to be priced just above that of the superclocked (same price as ***) atleast on price.

huh, for the win is blocked? hehe fair enough

Associate
It's the same as the Asus P6T7 WS (Super Computer) board... 7 PCI-E slots, four of which are X16, using two NF200 chips.

I have the WS and although very expensive it's a fantastic motherboard. Currently running Crossfire 4890's and a DX Sound card in one of the X8 slots (X1 speed).

Later I'm planning on getting a Quatro or FireGL card for 3Ds Max, that's why I got the board really.

The EVGA one looks just as impressive!!

:)

XD-3

Permabanned
I would love a motherboard with a load of PCI-E 16 slots personally.

Though I would need at least one PCI slot at the moment due to my soundcard. :D

I suppose I could get myself a nice new PCI-E soundcard too though... :p

Soldato
Well in theory it's possible. Quad SLi is possible as you know GTX295 Sli is quad SLi.

I think the main issue was the lack of motherboards to support 4 graphics cards.

It's a bit lame really though, especially with new cards looming. The price is obviously going to be pretty high for the board too.

You can run 4 GTX 295 for example of a board with 4 pcie slots, as many people do for folding etc. Obvisouly though you could only have two running in SLI. Any mobo with 4 pcie slots can run four GPUs (or 8GPUs if dual pcb)

Only a couple of cases can house the 4-way SLI board anyway, not sure it would be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom