The "Post your pictures here" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I really like them Mr Tommo, cracking lighting going on there!

Thanks :) Was in a Dance Studio, first time I've done a shoot outside of the studio really. Took a long time to set up initially :o

I agree - lovely shots - very professional looking.

Thank you, I don't really have anywhere to get neutral feedback so Im well chuffed now :)

Soldato
Couple from this years Le Mans. Apologies for the rubbish jpeg compression!

FerrariBlue.jpg

FerrariRed.jpg

Associate
3878110318_4b70cfffe0.jpg

3877315317_a3bf86c500.jpg

3878104586_8105155d96.jpg

3877305801_460f6a5c36.jpg

3877295239_bf998ac042.jpg

3877263315_df5d49ccc9.jpg

3878050796_34ae64d858.jpg

Today's shots. Fairly substantial crops are most. Still having a few issues with focus and the reflections though. Did this in direct sunlight. Was good, but reflections were killer :(

Permabanned
Does anyone ever enjoy doing team photos? I did my first one a few years back and probably more by luck than judgement it was pretty much perfect. Yesterday I did one, with completely overcast skies and this is the best one that I managed. :eek:

cityteam.jpg

The individual shots were spot on mind :cool:

Soldato
Im sure they'll be happy with that! Ive been asked to do quite a few but never had the time.

If theres 3 rows I think it'd look better with the front row sitting on seats, the middle row standing and the back row standing on seats. Just my opinion anyway :)

Permabanned
I wanted to do the back row standing on chairs but the Chairman wasn't keen because we had the seats on the grass, which slopes down where we'd set them all up.

I'm never quite sure whats the best way to do it, I stepped back and zoomed in because one that I did a couple of years ago had horrible barrel distortion on it. It's not the kind of thing that I really get to practice often either cos we do it once a year!

I was almost tempted to use the 70-200mm on the 70mm end but I'd have been stood in the centre circle!!!!

Soldato
tommo - those dance shots are awesome. Maybe a little bit soft if being really critical, but there is so much atmosphere in each of them.

Truly great efforts.

Thanks :) I agree with your comments about them being a bit soft, its not something I picked up on until I got back as looking at the LCD screen in a pitch black room while I was taking them, they looked spot on. I know for next time now though :)

Soldato
Thanks :) I agree with your comments about them being a bit soft, its not something I picked up on until I got back as looking at the LCD screen in a pitch black room while I was taking them, they looked spot on. I know for next time now though :)

I did this on my last shoot. I really need to make it a habit to zoom in on the LCD to double check, I ended up with some awful photos which were unusable, despite looking awesome on the LCD :(

Soldato
phenomenal shot dude!!!! Ive never gotten anything near that good from my stupid amounts of photos I've taken up there! kudos to you sir!

The wide angle did the work for me really, though I haven't cropped a massive amount out of the original. It would have been a nightmare to take on my kit lens. :D And i did take close to 50 shots up there just for this one to come out how I wanted!

Soldato
The wide angle did the work for me really, though I haven't cropped a massive amount out of the original. It would have been a nightmare to take on my kit lens. :D And i did take close to 50 shots up there just for this one to come out how I wanted!

Which lens did you use, Tokina 11-16mm, or something like the Sigma 10-20, but at 11mm? (EXIF says 11mm, which is why i'm asking :p). Great shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom