*** Crucial M225 SSD's Available From £102.99 inc VAT ***

Associate
Got mine today, (128GB) anything I should do before installing Windows 7 RTM on?

Motherboard is a P6T Deluxe

Nothing :)

I'd recommend removing/disabling any other HDs during the install, but that's not specific to the SSD - just that Windows can sometimes get confused with drive lettering and boot loaders etc with multiple HDs.

Associate
Got mine today, (128GB) anything I should do before installing Windows 7 RTM on?

Motherboard is a P6T Deluxe

Ive had mine for 3 weeks and have now decided to wait until they have fixed the TRIM capable firmware, to save a reinstall...

Soldato
128GB
FW: 1571

Capturehdd.JPG

Last edited:
Associate
Are these still generally considered the best SSDs available outside of the Intel range? I'm looking to do my first new build in years in the next few weeks and it feels like a waste if I don't get an SSD to compliment it, but there seems to be so many scare stories floating about at the moment, it's quite off-putting.

Man of Honour
Are these still generally considered the best SSDs available outside of the Intel range? I'm looking to do my first new build in years in the next few weeks and it feels like a waste if I don't get an SSD to compliment it, but there seems to be so many scare stories floating about at the moment, it's quite off-putting.

these are nowhere near the best SSD's they just provide you with a very good Price/Performance ratio compared to other drives. The best is still intel, closely followed by indilinx (i think that's how you spell it) drives (OCZ vertez, Falcon, Crucial) although crucial seems to be the slowest out of the bunch.

Soldato
There is nothing between any of the barefoot drives, you couldn't tell tell the difference between any of them even the Turbo clocked ones. Far wiser to base the decision on support, warranty and price.

Last edited:
Associate
Argh done a fresh reinstall and the problem seems to be coming back of firefox crashing and WoW is crashing. And I keep getting a memory management Blue screen (This could be my ram will run memtest tomorrow, hope it's not as it's OCZ Amd special stuff which is not available here anymore to get replacement).

Back
Top Bottom