• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

One thing we can gather from large price tag on ATI 5870

Associate
Some people are just deluded. It is simple, ATI are gonna launch with zero competiton for a short while so they dont need to price aggressively, at least not at first. ATI have got their foot in the door again with the 4xxx series and i don't think the next series will be priced quite as aggressively.

Soldato
Is it must perform at least on level or above the GTX 295, at twice the price of a 4890, im expecting a lot of performance for my pound.

I have ATI & Nvidia like this

Nvidia: M&S
ATI: Morrisons

When i shop at Morrisons, i expect to get more for my money, but less quality, and with M&S i go there knowing i will pay premium price for a top product.

When Morrisons(ATI) start charging same as M&S i want even better than i get at M&S.

Thats how im looking at this price(if rumour true).

Could we finally get a card that can handle Crysis a 2yr old game:rolleyes: or we wait another 2 years before a card can run it at very high settings:D

What do you mean by "less quality" from ATI than Nvidia? Do you think they use silicon of less quality or something?

Permabanned
Morrisons own brand GPU's? :p

2nkkpya.png

lol!

Associate
LOL - I recalled paying £484 from this place for the latest and greatest X1900XTX edition, only to be replaced or demoted by the 29xx series within 3 months. sure I understand upgrades happen, but oh boy was I mad. This was enough to put me off from spending huge money on the best from day one. It didn't even fold well. So back to topic. If you're bulking at the idea of $599 for a dual GPU single boarded card, just think, NV will be more expensive regardless. Just look at the current prices, NV GTX295 is still way more expensive than the AMD X2 card. Er, actually I couldnt find a X2 card on the OCUK site. Anywho, you get my drift. I think from a gamer stance, you get a lot more for your money now days, than back on the X800, X1900 series. Much better value. I think. PS, I dont play games on pc. So I am impartial as to which is better unless your talking about folding of course, then I am biased on facts.

Caporegime
Ok i know not most amazing screenshots:D

This video of GAMEPLAY might give you better idea how good it looks, remeber this xbox version aswell....

It also has a open map, which takes 9 hours to walk the whole length, or 15 minutes by a chopper;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7jdtSszBT4

I dare you to admit it don't look good;)

that game will fail . its just a arma 2 like game more fun opening a tin of paint and watching that. :D

Soldato
hmmm, tbh we are gnna just have to wait on the prices on the new 5870's, you know what people are like nower days, omg its going to be £900000 for the next cpus to come out, its a load of bull. People are going just have to wait a week or 2 and see how much they are gnna be. My plan was to get 2 4890's in crossfire but i am going to sit back and wait for benchies on the 5870. Trust me, i dont think they are gnna be all that dear, people chat balls tbh lol.

Associate
It's done me well, actually: it's almost five years old. If it weren't for the fact that I'd upgraded my camera to the Canon 50D, I'd probably stick with it a year or two longer! (The rendering/processing time for 20 MiB RAW files is a bit too long.)

Permabanned
It's done me well, actually: it's almost five years old. If it weren't for the fact that I'd upgraded my camera to the Canon 50D, I'd probably stick with it a year or two longer! (The rendering/processing time for 20 MiB RAW files is a bit too long.)

To be honest, Medion have been making quite good PCs lately. They've definitely improved over the last few years.

Permabanned
hehe, am still wait for a card to come along that can beat my Geforce 8800gtx, twice factory overclocked by BFG. the thing still suprises me it runs crysis, crysis warhead and far cry 2 all on full spec.

Seriously!!! no joke, best buy ever.

Looks like you're stuck in last year. There's quite a few cards that beat your 8800GTX... :confused:

Back
Top Bottom