Crash on m60 last night need advice

Associate
Was driving up the m60 to trafford center last night with my friend. I was in the middle lane approaching some traffic moved to the outside lane, just as i was passing a mini bus he decided to move into my lane i swerved close to the barrier then ending up spinning in the stoney gravel crap coming back across the motorway and hitting the left hand side barrier not much damage to the car. He admitted that he didnt see me and caused the crash . Police came pretty quick, no injurys to me or my friend and no one else involved. I am only have third party insurance but where to i stand as he admitted causing the accident. Please help

Soldato
In that case, if you can get him to put his admission of fault in writing, then you may be OK. Otherwise, the accident will be deemed your fault.

Soldato
Unfortunately you and your friend's word versus his will just generate an interesting legal battle, unless he is willing to state his fault in writing or to the police.

Associate
OP
Will just have to hope he will put it into writing abit gutting i miss crashing into a mini bus full of people on way to airport to holiday and ruining my car and i have to pay :(

Associate
Please say you have witnesses?

If not, his insurance company will try and worm their way out of it, so take the admission of liability with a pinch of salt. I assume there's no damage to his vehicle?

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
i presume you got his details?

phone him up and ask him to write a statement. or pay him a visit ;)

Associate
OP
yep got his details will have to phone him up and get im to write a letter or something but because its a mini bus and will be insured with his firm not sure how easy sorting this mess will be.

Associate
I rekon his insurance company will tell him to deny liability - there's no damage to his vehicle and nothing to prove he was the direct cause of the accident without an independent witness (I don't think passengers can fall under this category).

You can only hope he stays true to his word imo. :(

Man of Honour
we cant all be as rich and as awesome as you fox

All the more reason not to use TPFT insurance on a car worth quite a bit of money!! It's not about being 'rich and awesome' so quite where you got that from I don't know.

I dont know about you but I'm not rich and awesome enough to shrug at losing £3.5k due to going TPFT, which is why i said TPFT is really only to be used for really cheap cars where the excess is more than the value of it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom