• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

help getting 2x 3870 xfire

Associate
Just fitted 2 of these, installed 9.8 catalyst. Fitted bridge, how do i enable or check crossfire working?? nothing in device manager to say but both cards are detected and installed

board is xfire Asus P5K/EPU Motherboard P35 S775 ATX LAN RAID SATA
Both cards identical

thanks in advance

Last edited:

RJC

RJC

Don
Go into ATI CCC and there should be a box to tick to enable crossfire, then run some benchmarks and compare on the Futuremark website.

Associate
OP
Go into ATI CCC and there should be a box to tick to enable crossfire, then run some benchmarks and compare on the Futuremark website.

no link :( using 9.8 which is totally different to previous but when you click hardware option it says secondary card disabled, yet in device manager and bios all enabled

Associate
I'd like to know how you get on! I'm thinking about doing the same myself.
Final8y - how well do you 3 cards get on? How does two compare? If I could get an extra card for £50, would it be worth the money?

Soldato
tri-fire is supposed to be the sweet spot from what i have read , was going to do the same till i found my mobo won't allow it according to the manual . so no 2x 3870x2 or 3870x2 + 3870 for me , crapy biostar mobo :(

Soldato
I'd like to know how you get on! I'm thinking about doing the same myself.
Final8y - how well do you 3 cards get on? How does two compare? If I could get an extra card for £50, would it be worth the money?

At 2560X1600 2 cards struggle but 3 is sweet & have no problems.
But i sold 2 of them so now just using a single 3870 at 1280x800.

Soldato
tri-fire is supposed to be the sweet spot from what i have read , was going to do the same till i found my mobo won't allow it according to the manual . so no 2x 3870x2 or 3870x2 + 3870 for me , crapy biostar mobo :(
3870x2 + 3870 should work if u have a crossfire motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom