*** Crucial M225 SSD's Available From £102.99 inc VAT ***

Associate
Most people have them on laptops and it has been somewhat proved that sleep mode is at least partially responsible for the issues.
It's taking too long for the new firmware to come out.

Soldato
well had mine since release (64gb) and so far so good, although not updated the firmware - glad i didnt!

works spot on as it is, very fast and silent. Cant ask for more!

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
2ljoxhk.jpg

No complaints here. It's like going from 56Kb/s dial-up to 512Kb/s ADSL! :D

Soldato
someone today told me that these are bad. They said that if they are using photoshop and then load winamp to play music in the background, photoshop and winamp both stutter and its like this all the time when having a few programs running at the same time (multi-tasking).

Nonsense, yes?

Soldato
someone today told me that these are bad. They said that if they are using photoshop and then load winamp to play music in the background, photoshop and winamp both stutter and its like this all the time when having a few programs running at the same time (multi-tasking).

Nonsense, yes?

Think that was with the earlier ones (as in not these crucials, but previous gen ssd's?!?!?)

Associate

Nonsense, yes?

Nonsense indeed, assuming you're talking about the M225s (been using one since release).

Soldato
can these be partitioned?
Say I bought the 128Gb version Crucial and then split it so Win7 was on a 40Gb partition and the other partition used as Temp holding/downloading/sorting area?

Possible?

And, am i right in saying SSD's do not need to be defragged? Do these come with TRIM software (as thats what they use/need)?

Associate
Got my 128GB today, but am going to wait till the new firmware is out and this has the old firmware on it.

My 64GB drive is doing fine without trim disabled. It will be going into my laptop and I'll take the 128gb for my main setup, the prices have went up £20-£30 direct compared to Overclockers cheaper prices £112.98 can't be beaten I doubt.

I hope the new firmware(whenever its out) won't have to erase the drive, I'm holding off popping my 128GB as my new OS hdd.

Soldato
can these be partitioned?
Say I bought the 128Gb version Crucial and then split it so Win7 was on a 40Gb partition and the other partition used as Temp holding/downloading/sorting area?

Possible?
Yes quite possible, in use just like any other drive.
And, am i right in saying SSD's do not need to be defragged? Do these come with TRIM software (as thats what they use/need)?
Correct no defragging. And yes you can easily download the latest wiper.exe to restore lost performance.

Back
Top Bottom