FFXII worth a revisit?

Caporegime
i got this when it came out. i got stuck too low a level on a bounty hunt, and got frustrated.

i was probably only 30% into the game. i have now gotten rid of my ps3 60g but still have a ps2 and probably have the saved game somewhere.

with FFXIII not out till next year i have a slight void in my life...

i cant go back to FFVII i did it originally on the PC, then i redid it on psx and got the golden chocobo etc so im done there. i also refinished FFIX and er... i had FF8 for the PC and that sucked imo...stupid card game:/ that does nothing worthwhile!

SO...long and short, is FFXII worth retaking up? also i never finished FFX...

Soldato
oh im having flashbacks to 10.. pointless underwater swimming, the jecht shot! conceding unecessary goals:/ gah

Blitzball was fantastic !

I must have spent more time playing that than I did playing XII :D

I really did enjoy FFX tbh. Was the last Final Fantasy game I really enjoyed.

Soldato
From my perspective, no.

The main character and all but 2 support characters (Balthier and Basch) are aweful, the story wiggles around aimlessly and for the most part with no clear goal, the "open world" aspect of combat is enfuriating and the "bounty hunt" side quests are just a load of tests which ask you "do you have this accessary? no? HAHAHAHAHAHA!".

I completed it, I then sold it.

Seriousely though, Vaan "I want to be a PIRATE! YAAAAAAAY" is the single worst main character ever. He also has a really dodgy nose.

Soldato
I felt FFXII was overly boring. Its like SE tried their best to make the world seem as authentic as possible, but the characters came off as boring and lifeless. There was no life behind the story as there was nothing for the player to care for. It was overly political and cold, especially when you compare it to previous FF's which emphasize the emotions between the characters and the player.

Personally I'd recommend a replay of FFVIII, if you didn't like the card game then dont play it. Also FFX, although not my favorite FF, is still a very good game and gets better as you progress.

Back
Top Bottom