Best Games you've ever played

Soldato
So what are te best games you ever played?

doesn't matter what platform they're on but have you ever liked a game so much you keep coming back for more?

Personally recently it's been Darkfall, it's a very unforgiving world and you need a break now and again. So I left to play Champions online for a month and I'm getting bored with it already after 2 weeks of playing it. Darkfall has drawn me back into the fray for some addictive unforgiving fun!

WoW was also something I was very addicted to, true first proper MMO that got me instantly hooked. Too bad they changed it so drastically it lost it's appeal for me :<.

Also the days of having a game and making it last have gone, I used to get 4-5 games a year in the N64 days and was grabbed by Goldeneye, I played it that much that dust started to form around the analogue from me wearing it down :D.

Associate
For MMO's it would be DAoC, best MMO is usually your first.

...but for normal games I would say, Half Life and Team Fortress Classic and CS. I played TFC to death until CS reared its addictive head and I loved Half Life as a single player experience (xen not so much).

Soldato
Diablo 2 LOD online :) every other RPG i play just dosn't seem as good to me :( apart from Diablo 1 of course, but that only really worked well in single player

EDIT: oh yeah and dungeon siege 2 :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Asteroids. Was my game on Arcade I pawned all.

Sensi soccer Original back in the day.

Populous. Took it All the way until they started taking my Powerz away.

BF2. Still play it now & still after 4 years Nothing even comes close to feeling shell shocked like you do after a few hours of BF2.

Associate
In terms of hours sunk into a game, I'd have to say UT, SoF 2, MoH, and now TF2. I played each of these games for about 2 years solid, after they came out. I like single player games, but they don't tend to last very long. My record is probably 150 hours in Oblivion.

Caporegime
Deus Ex for PC - perhaps because it was the first of its kind for me, my now fav genre ...first person with an rpg element.
Many others though that have provided me with memories that I'll never forget, these thoughts will be with me on my death bed. Remember playing 'Adventure' on the old Atari console when I was around eight year old. Brilliant.

Soldato
Hmm, Deus Ex would have to be up there for me when it first came out, it was very unique.

Others would probably be:

Quake 1
Doom
Tomb Raider 1
Age of Empires
Command and Conquer
Half-Life 1
Grim Fandango
Monkey Island
Worms 2 Armageddon
Creatures
Hidden and Dangerous