Decent number plate supplier?

Soldato
Am picking up a new car (well used, but new to me!) car next monday, and the number plates on the thing look a bit of a mess due to the relatively large and obvious block of text with the dealers details along the bottom of the plate.

I am aware of the rules regarding the need to have the plate suppliers details on the bottom of the plates, but something more discreet than whats already on the car would be nice!

Road legal and capable of passing the MOT is a must - Not after anything too fancy, no borders or stupid logos, just some nice plain plates with an EU logo and maybe 3d text.

Man of Honour
That reminds me, what went through your mind when you ordered your plates MrLOL? They are beyond terrible. I mean what on earth is a Courney Sport Vectra and why is it on your numberplate beneath carbon effect 3d letters?

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;14851043 said:
That reminds me, what went through your mind when you ordered your plates MrLOL? They are beyond terrible. I mean what on earth is a Courney Sport Vectra and why is it on your numberplate beneath carbon effect 3d letters?

lol was wondering how long it would be before i got comments. Courtenay Sport are the company that did the remap.

And i like my carbon 3d letters so they're staying :p

Man of Honour
I think I might put POWERBULBS DIRECT on mine as they are the company that supplied the visionplus bulbs I put in the high beam place.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;14851144 said:
I think I might put POWERBULBS DIRECT on mine as they are the company that supplied the visionplus bulbs I put in the high beam place.

there wont be room for that and your rolling advert for your favourite local BMW dealer as well ;)

Associate
Halfords will do you a decent set of 'clean' plates - the logo and post code at the bottom is barely noticeable - it's in a similar colour to the background. Will cost about £20 though. :/

Associate
get down to your local motor factors, mines charging £5 ish per plate, these are legal. All you need is your log book and license, i think

Soldato
I know some people hate them - but Halfords.
So OK, not the cheapest, but usually convenient.
They do their postcode and dealer information in silver, so on the yellow background you honestly can hardly see it.

Got a set from them on my car from when I added the personalised plate.

Soldato
Halfords plates are expensive especially if you start adding things on like the EU logo.

Think a basic plate is £14.95, so that's £30 for a pair..... I have used them in the past, were a bit cheaper back then and they were good plates though, didn't fade or peel/get that black stuff behind them like some do.

Back
Top Bottom