Problem recovering old gamer tag.

Permabanned
I've been trying to recover my old gamer tag, and every time I do so I get a message saying 'Xbox LIVE signup is currently unavailable. Please try again later.'

Anyone else had this issue before, and if so how did you go about fixing it?

Edit - I'm trying to log it in on a new Xbox console.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had it last night funnily enough, i was trying to get Street Fighter 4 working on the PC using Live for windows. I just left it for an hour and when i came back it worked.

Soldato
Had it last night funnily enough, i was trying to get Street Fighter 4 working on the PC using Live for windows. I just left it for an hour and when i came back it worked.
Mate, never be online with your gamertag on both 360 & PC at the same time as I found out it causes the 360 to sign out of LIVE and prompts you to recover your gamertag as it detects your PC GFWL using it as well. Took me a few attempts to recover it on my 360 as kept complaining about a corrupt profile and would not store it when the 360 was turned off!

Soldato
Mate, never be online with your gamertag on both 360 & PC at the same time as I found out it causes the 360 to sign out of LIVE and prompts you to recover your gamertag as it detects your PC GFWL using it as well. Took me a few attempts to recover it on my 360 as kept complaining about a corrupt profile and would not store it when the 360 was turned off!

Good heads up, cheers for that. Yesterday i actually came up with the idea of running live on my PC and xbox at the same time so i could more easily message people, i'm glad i hadn't tried it out yet now.

Back
Top Bottom