New printer for uni

Soldato
Having destroyed my last printer whilst moving house recently its time i bought a printer! Im looking for something which is reasonably cheap and one with reasonable priced ink cartridges. I havent got any budget in mind but i was thinking maybe around £50?

It wont be used for photos or anything like that, mostly just text i expect!

Thankyou for any advice.

Rob

Soldato
OP
Weird! The last printer i had was an epson 830u and found it to be the biggest and most tempramental piece of junk i have ever owned!

Associate
Had an old HP multi purpose inkjet but it drank so much ink it became a joke, also got quite beaten up moving around. I made sure it didn't survive the trip back from my placement accommodation.

Associate
Every manufacturer have several models in that price rage. You best bet is too guess your duty cycle (usage) then look at the inks they take and work out the best price per page.

It's no good buying one that takes a £10 100page ink if that's a weeks worth.
It's no good buying one that's £40 for 1000page ink if it will dry up long before it's finished.

Soldato
I'd suggest a mono laser too.

I got a HP Laserjet 1018 for my other half for Uni, and she really plowed through it.
The geniune toners were pricey, but the refilled one from the local printer cartridge place were half the cost.

Printing lots from an inkjet gets pricey, printing sparingly from an inkjet causes problems with the ink drying out in the heads.

Most small lasers will do about 3000 pages per toner.... so I'd guess at 80/week a toner should last the academic year, with about £20-25-ish to refill it.

Back
Top Bottom