Acoustic gigging amp?

Soldato
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a small / cheap gigging amp. It doesn't have to be anything special and really just cover practices for me 'n' my acoustic! :)

Ideally it should have two channels as I may want to stick a mic in for vocals.

Ta

Soldato
What kind of price range are we talking here? I have an amp that I desperately want to recommend, but I have a feeling it will be far too pricey. :p

Soldato
The AS50D is a very good little amp, but I've only ever rated it as a tool purely to make your guitar louder. I really don't rate the digital reverb it offers (but I'm extremely, extremely fussy about reverb and don't even rate my AER Compact 60's effect), so I would suggest buying an external reverb pedal or rack. But if you're more of a songwriter that uses the guitar as a means to play a song, then this shouldn't be as much of an issue. However, if you're a guitarist and tone is all, then I would be looking elsewhere.

The AS50D is a great little amp for the money, but don't expect it to last you forever. The AER Alpha is twice as much, but it's ten times as good. I'd definitely recommend having a play through one to see what you think.

Sorry, I've just realised that reads like a jumble, I'm very tired. :(

Soldato
I've just had a quick look on Harmony Central and it's got some good reviews. If you've played through one and you like it, then that should be enough. :)

Back
Top Bottom