What are my options?

Soldato
Right im not realyl happy with my contract atm. Im with O2 via carphone warehouse on an 18 month contract and im only 11 months in. im paying 35 a month for 600 mins, 1000 texts and 500mb web. I dont get that great coverage when im up at work nor when i spend weekends with the parents (no signal infact). i have the n95 8gb.

right im looking to get an iphone 3gs and wondering what would be the most economical way to go about it.

this is from my contract i would want 600 mins, unlimited texts is a must and so would unlimited web downloads.

t-mobile i saw for 20£ a month give this and its a month by month contract, so i was thinking about gettting this and buying a payg iphone then jailbraking it. but i would still have my o2 contract....

apparently it would cost me liek 210£ to end my contract my mate said... is this true?

in carphone ware house they said they could by my contract but i would have to pay 140£ and they would put me on a iphone tarrif but i would still have to pay 180 for the phone and then 42.50 a month (18 month) for 600 mins unlim text on the iphone... but i dunno if i want to spend that much but in the long run that could be the best/easiest option? they said i would get 106 for my phone trade in also.

maybe if i get say phones4u to buy out my contract? but then i think ill still have to pay the like 210? or maybe if i just get a rubbish phone they'll help pay that off? but then ill have to fork out the 440.40 of the iphone?

ahhh so many decisions xP

there's so much info out there im having trouble deciding what the best option would be and would much appreciate your input :)

Permabanned
They calculate how much you owe them if you buy out the contract by timing the number of months left by how much you pay.

So it would be £245 to pay off your contract.

Thaat on top of the price for the iphone is not worth it.

Why not just wait until you have 3months left on your contract and upgrade.

Soldato
OP
also.... well they said the earliest i could upgrade would be january.... but... ive already got bill number 14.... surely that would mean in january my contract would be up? and they guy instore said my contract ends in march?! something aint right here.... according to them i would have 22 billed months on an 18 month contract... im confused by this matter, think ill have to take my bill in and be like WTF?!

Soldato
OP
ummm can't remember xP surely i could just count back the months? if so then it would be june 08 which i cant remember but i remember it was sunny so seems right xP the other bills are at my parents house and they on hols so cant check for me.

Soldato
OP
Do o2 not do online accounts and billings? Orange do and I used it to work out when I could change to my Hero. :D

well i've logged into the my o2 section and i click my mobile bill, and the options that come up are my personal details (no billing), my mobile(only links to shops and downloads), contact us and o2 active..... so in the billing section... there is nothing to do with billing?!

Soldato
OP
went on the 24 month contract so got it for 87£, gotta write off to cancel my existing contract and pay that off. but got the contract protection insurance so can cancel the contract after 15 months for 30£ :) just in case like ;)

like ive said in another post all i want for it now is a in car holder/charger/fm transmitter.
needs to be able to hold the phone with a case. have a sucker for the windscreen.

Soldato
wait out the contract, by the time its done, everything will be on sale :)

Meaning, wait till January and pick up a cheap 3gs once the rush for them has finally stopped... OR, get someone to get you one for xmas?

Simples.

ags

Back
Top Bottom