Windows DNS Error

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Guys, could do with some advice...

Just got to GF's last night and thought the internet was down as every webpage I went onto wouldn't show.

After a few tests, have managed to find out it's, I think, a DNS issue with MY laptop.

I can only go onto a website or PING an address if I type the IP address, entering the named URL just returns page can not be displayed.

GF's and daughters laptops all work fine, if I plug mine in the ethernet it works fine, just when I go wireless!

Any ideas what could be wrong and/or to resolve?

TIA

Soldato
Guys, could do with some advice...

Just got to GF's last night and thought the internet was down as every webpage I went onto wouldn't show.

After a few tests, have managed to find out it's, I think, a DNS issue with MY laptop.

I can only go onto a website or PING an address if I type the IP address, entering the named URL just returns page can not be displayed.

GF's and daughters laptops all work fine, if I plug mine in the ethernet it works fine, just when I go wireless!

Any ideas what could be wrong and/or to resolve?

TIA

Used to get these types of issues a lot using my ISP dns servers. I changed them to the opendns servers and never had an issue since - https://www.opendns.com/start/router/

Back
Top Bottom