• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

price drops or offer?

Associate
So then how long do we have to wait before we see price drops / special offers on the new intel cpu's?? I did not see a single special offer for the i5 anywhere on the net.

Yes I know it hasn't been a week but hey I'm sure everyone think of buying one is thinking the same.

Associate
OP
Oh I hope my pockets can last a big longer there's holes starting to burn in them......I want an i 5 but I don't want to buy one then see an offer.

Bought a new crash helmet last month there's a special this month £120 off !!!!! I nearly cried

Associate
OP
Yes I'm trying to hold fire.....sits on hands

But I put my rig parts up for sale thinking they will take a while to go but hey all sold within 8 hours.....now I don't have a computer lol... at least its sunny

Associate
or they might just leave them the same price but bring out a lower spec i15 /i13 chips and replace more of the core2 chips

Associate
With the launch of Windows 7 in little over a month I can't see the price going down for a while yet. If anything they will rise.

The q6600 was around the £150-£160 mark for a very long time.

Man of Honour
Q6600 dropped down to around £115 but then rose back to up £150.

E8400 was an interesting one, launched as low as ~£120 in very limited quantities, then retailers realised what was happening and the price rocketed up to around the £160+ mark. It's taken a year to drop back down again!

Back
Top Bottom