sirocco, A3 or bmw 120d

Associate
my girlfriend has to choose a new company car. we have narrowed it down to three:

VW Sirocco GT 140 DSG TDI
A3 S-line 170 TDI
BMW 120d M Sport 5 door

i love the look of the sirocco (in white) but it will be a lot slower than the other two.

anyone had any experiences with these cars?

what would you choose?

Thanks

Man of Honour
I like the A3 looks wise but can't comment on the performance.

A mate of mine has the 120 and I have to say I like them a lot. In the last 12 months I have gone from Meh BMW to being far more pro BMW than I used to be.

Don't tell Fox though ......

Man of Honour
The 120d is a better car than the others by some margin - it drives better, handles better, offers considerably better performance and crucially has the lowest BIK.

HOWEVER..

My god it looks crap in 5 door form. So you'd be forgiven for picking the inferior Audi.

Man of Honour
The Coupe looks almost good - except for the front end. Take it that isn't on the list?

Odd the 3 door isnt on there as its cheaper and the Scirroco is a 3 door?

Suspended
my girlfriend has to choose a new company car. we have narrowed it down to three:

VW Sirocco GT 140 DSG TDI
A3 S-line 170 TDI
BMW 120d M Sport 5 door

i love the look of the sirocco (in white) but it will be a lot slower than the other two.

anyone had any experiences with these cars?

what would you choose?

Thanks

A3 for me.

Soldato
I dont think the real world difference between the Scirocco and A3 would be that great, despite the higher power.

I dont think I could resist a Scirocco myself given a chance - is the 1.4 TSI on the list?

Man of Honour
The Scirocco is the poorest car on the list, all it does better than any of the others is look swish. Are you buying a car or a drive ornament?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14863360 said:
The Scirocco is the poorest car on the list, all it does better than any of the others is look swish. Are you buying a car or a drive ornament?

Very true - if it were me the heart would be saying Scirocco and the head would be saying BMW.

Surely if the Scirocco is poor, the A3 must also suffer from almost all of the same weaknesses? OK the interior's a little better, but it's mostly similar to the Golf (and therefore Scirocco) is it not?

Man of Honour
The Scirocco is not poor, it is the poorest car on the list. Thats not to say its poor in isolation. The A3 is very similar but with a better interior, better engine and better badge.

Back
Top Bottom