Corsair Explores Lynnfield and P55 Express

Man of Honour
From the article:
This means that Intel users can now harness the power of Core i7 in a more cost effective manner while not sacrificing performance. The new Lynnfield and P55 based systems are proving to be very powerful and feature rich based upon our testing. The system featured here proved itself to be an excellent system for all tasks put before it at the stock settings. And, the performance gets better as the system is also a very solid overclocking unit. With a minimum of tweaking we took our stock 2.8GHZ system to almost 4GHZ and saw some performance increases approaching 50%.

Corsair Lynnfield + P55 Build Log

Main%20Page%20Skull%20n%20System.jpg

Soldato
Well on the plus side there's a whole lotta room to stuff a dozen fans, watercooling, hamster cage and an entire SSF computer alongside it.

Soldato
And I thought my TJ10 made my components look small!!

Gotta love that case though, quite a lot of thought must have went into the design of it by the looks of things..

::edit::

Love the blue fins on those Dominator modules!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't like oversized cases... That thing will eat a huge bit of your desk or have to live under it like a LED decorated troll.

But I also really don't like the shuttle style of compacting things. Only one thing for it. Totally custom case or more affordably, heavily modded case which is close enough :D

Associate
Considering im struggling to find £400 for an upgrade I don't think i'll manage one of those cases, but it looks like it would make cable management a doddle even for noobs like me :)

And I second Tom|Nbk - get the 1156 bracket sorted, all im waiting before i order my i5 upgrade!

Back
Top Bottom