• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are you going buy one ATI new 5 series or wait to see what Nvidia releases ??

Soldato
Will wait; have more or less shifted completely onto my laptop; will only rebuild a desktop in the future if I find I need to or the laptop doesnt cut it anymore.

If Nvidia or ATI release some updated MXM2.1 laptop cards based around thier new cards; rather than moving completely over to MXM3 however...

<If not I wont be buying until my next replacement system>

Last edited:
Permabanned
In reality, an nVidia card at 20x faster would be more likely to be 100x more expensive.

Well I say reality, I meant nVality.

Kylew you are so big atifanboy that when nvidia released the 8800GTX you had chosen to go with the 2900XT(that everyone knew that it was the crappiest card ever) but once again your fanboyism prevent you from making the right decision.

Soldato
Kylew you are so big atifanboy that when nvidia released the 8800GTX you had chosen to go with the 2900XT(that everyone knew that it was the crappiest card ever) but once again your fanboyism prevent you from making the right decision.

Prevented him from making the right decision?
He has little decision to make, until nVidia show us their goods, soon, I hope.

Associate
OFGS michael we get it you love nvidia and ati are the scum of the earth ok we have all got where you are so please save us from anymore of your comments telling us all it is beyond boring now. While i am pretty sure that whatever nvidia bring out in the dx11 flavour will be faster then ati 5 series how much more will we have to pay for that and will it be worth it thats the argument, has been for well over a year now and as always it comes down to what each and every individual chooses is important to them.

For me right now i prefer ati as a company i am sure they have their dirty laundry as well as nvidia they just don't do it as publicly as nvidia but it has altered my view towards nvidia and for me to change then nvidia needs to change how it works as a company and stop some of the stupid games they play.

Man of Honour

Did he really go with the 2900XT?

Soldato
OFGS michael we get it you love nvidia and ati are the scum of the earth ok we have all got where you are so please save us from anymore of your comments telling us all it is beyond boring now. While i am pretty sure that whatever nvidia bring out in the dx11 flavour will be faster then ati 5 series how much more will we have to pay for that and will it be worth it thats the argument, has been for well over a year now and as always it comes down to what each and every individual chooses is important to them.

For me right now i prefer ati as a company i am sure they have their dirty laundry as well as nvidia they just don't do it as publicly as nvidia but it has altered my view towards nvidia and for me to change then nvidia needs to change how it works as a company and stop some of the stupid games they play.

If the gt300 is about the same as the 5870 just think about the war that ati and nvidia got when they both bring out their x2 :eek: fun times

Associate
I still got 2x8800 gtx cards and have missed all the hype of the last generation. I game on a single 22" monitor and everything I play, plays fine (but not played cyrsis).

Will I be upgrading no. I will admit it looks cool. I think Nvidia will have there work cut out beating these cards.

Interesting times

D13

D13

Associate
I find it strange when ppl say they basically boycott nvidia because of their coprporate tactics, but take a look at Intel, they are just as bad if not worse but the same ppl happily support c2d/i7 etc...

I will wait until nvidia release their cards and see just how much perf my budget will get me.

Soldato
Buy ATi, cos I like the brand, they been good to me. Also I have full confidence they will provide the best bang for buck card (even if nvidia releases faster ones)

Associate
nVidia can kiss my brown eye. Regardless of what they bring out it'll probably cost two and a half times the price of the 5 series anyway.

And will probably be a rebranded 64mb Geforce 2.

Soldato
Unless nvidia bring out a worth card before the end of the year, I'll be getting a 5870, but a few weeks after, when prices come down a bit.

Not a ATI fanboy, but since the 9700pro days I've never had any complaints with them and their prices always seem the best.

Associate
I'm very happy with ATI (good value for money and driver support), so I'll wait for three months and upgrade to a Radeon HD 5870.

Back
Top Bottom