Linux or Windows? (Tsohost)

Soldato
Hey,

After excellent service with Tsohost I'm thinking I will go back to their £15 package.

Just wanted to know what OS would give me the biggest benefit. Is going with linux going to open up more possibilities or would those possibilities be a bit too advanced for me?

I just want some domain space and a couple of MySQL databases for a wordpress blog and possibly vBulletin forum.

Thanks,
Tobes

Soldato
OP
Wonder if anyone knows the answer to this question. Went ahead and purchased a hosting plan. But my cpanel login username seems to be the beginning of my domain which I bought with register1 ages ago.

lets say my domain was thebigshow, my cpanel login username is thebigsh

Slightly annoying as that means 2 usernames and 2 passwords I have to remember for one service.

Soldato
Wonder if anyone knows the answer to this question. Went ahead and purchased a hosting plan. But my cpanel login username seems to be the beginning of my domain which I bought with register1 ages ago.

lets say my domain was thebigshow, my cpanel login username is thebigsh

Slightly annoying as that means 2 usernames and 2 passwords I have to remember for one service.

I don't see a question there.

This is normal and a Unix limitation (8 character usernames max), a lot of software allows for more but some still doesn't play nice. With cPanel/WHM your username is the domain you order with the package. Ask them to change it if you want, they can do so easily.

Soldato
OP
I don't see a question there.

This is normal and a Unix limitation (8 character usernames max), a lot of software allows for more but some still doesn't play nice. With cPanel/WHM your username is the domain you order with the package. Ask them to change it if you want, they can do so easily.

Ahh ok I didn't know that and also you are correct I didn't ask a question even though I asked for one to be answered lol.

Yeah I never ordered a domain but I guess because I entered the name of the one I was going to use it use that username.

Back
Top Bottom