netbook battery life help

Associate
I was just having a look round the shops today as im trying to get hold of a netbook, anyway i was just chatting to one of the sales rep's in a shop about a acer that had 7.5 hours battery. i know that the life all depends on what your doing so i asked him what sort of time you would get out of the battery just surfing via wifi and with average screen brightness and he said about 4 hours, does it really drop that much just surfing?

Also whats your thoughts on the Asus 1005HA, i like the sound of 10hours battery :D

Soldato
Assuming it has the 6 cell battery it should have a good battery life, I think the poor battery life mentioned was in reference to the 3 cell.

Thanks to the protruding 6-cell battery pack, the Acer Aspire One 531 had one of the best unplugged lifespans on test. MobileMark wouldn't run, but we found with idling tests that it could stay awake for just over 9 hours. Expect six or seven hours life in normal use.

Associate
I get about 8 hours worth of battery time from my Asus 1000HE using for basic work and surfing the internet via wifi.

If you can put up with a darker screen it will go to 9.5 hours, but I've never had the need to have that long a life from it.

Taff.

Soldato
I really like the look of the 1005HA. If I had to buy a netbook right now, I'd probably go for that one. Considered it actually, but I'm waiting for the general spec of netbooks to improve and the prices to become a bit more sensible again.

Back
Top Bottom