need help dislpayign a 720p signal

Soldato
ive just had my media centre built the mobo is this :-

Asus M4A785D-M Pro AMD 785G (Socket AM3) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

plasma tv is this :-

PANASONIC TXP37C10

now for everything i do when using hd dvd or a normal dvd on standalone it does 720p .... but for soem reason when ive got the pc connected via hdmi the tv is outputtign at 1080p .. the graphics res is at 720 settings but the screen isnt totally full .. and when i tried usign my external xbox hd dvd drive the screen went black and i had to reset my pc

any help on how to get 720p set up properly ?

Soldato
Yes, did the TV come with a driver CD? Does it show up as that TV in the control panel or is it just listed as a monitor?

I found with my Samsung LED TV and Dell LCD monitor that the displays wouldn't scale properly unless the PC had the correct display device driver installed.

Associate
sound over tv

if you want sound over hdmi, open the player you use, ie media player classic,zoom player etc, go in to options and click on audio output and change from system default or what ever your sytem sound options are and click on ati high deffinition .that will send sound straight to tv.:)

Associate
From your TV Manual:

PC (from HDMI terminal) Applicable input signal for PC is basically compatible to HDMI standard timing.
Signal name, Horizontal frequency (kHz), Vertical frequency (Hz)
640 × 480 @60 Hz, 31.47, 60.00
750 (720) / 60p, 45.00, 60.00
1,125 (1,080) / 60p, 67.50, 60.00

Check that you have overscan turned off in the picture menus on the TV as well and that the aspect ratio is set correctly.

I presume you're using a HDMI - HDMI cable rather than a DVI-HDMI, but if your using DVI-HDMI obviously you'll need to route a seperate audio cable for sound.

Hope that helps :)

Soldato
OP
sorry i should have updated got it running just fine now ... not done the audio via tv bit yet . i use power dvd ultra 7.3 only use wmp for music ... i tunes as well .

still dont get why the tv says its outputting at 1080p very odd

Soldato
OP
ok i have a new problem .... just got windows 7 .. installed 64 but and have got the newst drivers for it ... but theres no option i can find teh get my picture back up to full screen ......

i cant find what i need .. wheres the overscan gone ?? anyone using ccc and windows 7 64 bit ?

help please

Back
Top Bottom