mouse buttons and BF2

Soldato
not sure if this is the best place to ask (please feel free to move if there is somewhere more appropriate)

i've been playing a lot of PC games recently (notably BF2) and i've upgraded my mouse from a cheapy optical logitech to an mx518, this isn't the first mx5 series i've owned but it's certainly the one with which i am having the most trouble.

i've got the latest versions of both set point and uberoptions installed and i've mapped all the mouse buttons to key presses for use in BF2, just like i did oh so many years ago with my old MX510, here's where the problems start, these buttons do not register as key presses in game, they just don't do anything so i reinstalled set point and uberoptions and they worked for one game, i had to shut the game down to change some of the mapping and low and behold, they don't work again. i then tried setting them in the BF2 control panel but none of the mouse buttons would register at all (just left/right click). detect game settings is also turned off.

doing a bit of googling leads me to try turning off set point and trying again in the BF2 control panel, this works but only for back/forward and middle click.

the thing that's really annoying me is i NEVER had this problem with my old MX510 and this software and it obviously works because it briefly worked once i re-installed both uberoptions and set point. is there anyone who has experienced this? any ideas?

thanks in advance :)

Soldato
hmm that's a strange one, i have an mx518 with BF2 and have no issues. I only used setpoint to give me a variety of DPI settings changeable on the fly (easier to snipe at 400 dpi that 1600) but set up the rest of my controls via the ingame control menu and mapped all buttons fine.

Perhaps try changing what u have the buttons set to do as standard in the setpoint control panel?

Soldato
OP
hmm that's a strange one, i have an mx518 with BF2 and have no issues. I only used setpoint to give me a variety of DPI settings changeable on the fly (easier to snipe at 400 dpi that 1600) but set up the rest of my controls via the ingame control menu and mapped all buttons fine.

Perhaps try changing what u have the buttons set to do as standard in the setpoint control panel?

thanks for the suggestion, i've just tried it and no joy, it's doing my head in as the only reason i spent £20 on a mouse i didn't need was for this functionality, basically it's about as useful/less in game as the £5 optical at the moment :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
ok, so i've ascertained that uberoptions works fine with my other games (TF, empire:TW etc) but it does not work at all with BF2 or project reality, any suggestions? my only option i can see now is a re-install of BF2 and PR.

the oddest thing is in the control menu for PR it says that the mouse buttons are assigned to certain keys, but they just don't work :/

Back
Top Bottom