Spark Plugs

Associate
Hello,

I wanna pop down to the local mechanic to get him to change my spark plugs changed. I have bought the spark plugs already so no need to pay for them.

Just want to know how long it takes for a mechanic to change a set of plugs so i don't get ripped off?

Thanks,

Gil.

Associate
It's easy enough to do yourself, but an indy mechanic shouldn't charge you a lot really, It's normally a 15minute job but a mechanic will probably want 30mins labour unless you can just tempt him with beer money.

Soldato
15 mins. even if they bother to use a torque wrench and do it properly, which they wont

Hello,

I wanna pop down to the local mechanic to get him to change my spark plugs changed. I have bought the spark plugs already so no need to pay for them.

Just want to know how long it takes for a mechanic to change a set of plugs so i don't get ripped off?

Thanks,

Gil.

Soldato
alu heads with tapered plugs really dont get done up tight at all, so im not suprised when i see those ford zetec threads with spark plug issues

Soldato
Took me about 5-10 mins to do mine on my Focus. You do need a socket set with an extension bar and a sparkplug socket. So probably cheaper to get a mechanic to quickly do it unless you can borrow one.

I was a bit scared that the plugs would be stuck or that i would cross thread but it all went fine and cost me nothing. Just make sure to hand tighten first so that you can feel its not cross threading.

Soldato
Depends on the car, mine or my father's would be about 20 to 30 minutes, as you need to remove the engine cover, and the coil assembly, and there's 8 of them. My brother's or the family abuse machine, 5 to 10 minutes. So what's the car?

Zip

Zip

Soldato
It all depends if it has an Intake Manifold going right over a bank of Cylinders that you have to take off before you can get to them, like mine :p

Good designing Toyota :p

Back
Top Bottom