Asus P7P55D Pro or Gigabyte UD4 or MSI GD65

Associate
What do people think would be the better board to get for OC'ng, features & performance? 90% of the boards i've owned have been Asus and their always good but i like the look of the other brands too. Is there any difference in these boards or are they all pretty much the same but branded differently? :rolleyes:

ta.

Soldato
Well, the MSI is the one that most folks will have from the outset and so far it's the best performing one (but that's only because two people have properly posted results).

Moeks seems to be having issues with his Gigabyte board and the Ripjaw RAM, Duke isn't able to keep his ASUS stable at 4GHz at the moment and I pressed a little red button on my MSI GD65 and it booted me into Windows at 4.2GHz. As far as I'm aware I'm the only person who has posted a 12-hour Prime '95 stable overclock at 4GHz or better and I'm happy enough with the MSI.

Much though I hate to say it - if you don't need a board today, then wait until the end of the month when there will be far more data to go on. If you do need a board now, the MSI seems as good as any and I'll recommed them because they had the good grace to give me a motherboard with a 55% discount on it;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm having issues with my Gigabyte board, the UD2, not an Asus :) ...I suspect it's the Ripjaw at fault, not the board though, but I can't say anything for certain yet, it really 'could' be either or even both ...although I highly doubt that.

I'm thinking of trying this board it's the top of ASRock's new range and they seem to be taking the enthusiast market head on now, it's a £135 board that's built and specified like a £175 from what I can see and read to date. I am suspect, I always am when it comes to things that are cheaper than you would expect, but I might bite the bullit and try it anyway, I really like the look, the specs and the price.

If you just want something that works right now, perhaps the MSI would be best though, if you fancy trying something else, the ASRock 'looks' nice :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom