Which hard disk to buy? (SSD)

Associate
Kingston SSDNow is **** it uses JMicron (they badge it as Toshiba) it may suffer from stuttering issues (even thought they say they have fixed it but it lacks cache so it cant be)

get the Crucial M225 SSD 64gb 128GB or 256gb

the 128GB is in stock the other 2 are not

you should aim for 128GB and make sure you keep 20GB free on it, do not fill the SSD to the point it runs out of free space

Associate
OP
I don't like Crucial brand, cause i bought ram 4 years ago, then after 6 months it went dead, the product discontinued due to it's problematic nature and i ended up with 2 value sticks losing 200$

Associate
ram and SSD are not the same thing, all SSD makers that are using Indilinx barfoot drives are the same drive, Crucial do not make them they just stick there badge on it and offer support (man in the middle)

i also had the problems with Crucial ram before (the yellow ballistic ram it was the voltage that did mine in)

Associate
OP
Ok, Well on the SSD i will have windows and 2-3 games. Other data will be on WD 1TB. Ok lets say Crucial, what about Corsair Extreme X64 64GB ? Is it worth it's money?

Associate
i would only recommend 128GB in this day and age as you may find 64gb limiting in space (and you should keep 15-20% free for GC to work garbage collection)

you will be paying £60 more for the same thing if you got it from OCZ that is you got the Corsair 64gb one (the Crucial 64gb drive is the same drive but less price and not in stock here), the 128gb Crucial drive is only £30 more then then 64gb Corsair one so it would not be an good buy the 64gb one

Associate
Crucial M225 gets my Vote

Hi

I just fitted a Crucial M225 128GB SSD Tonight and the performance to me is excellent, I upgraded from a velocity Raptor 150GB and im really happy at how fast the M225 moves.

I dont think you would regret getting the m225 especially with 5 years warranty.

Just make sure you google and read up on some of the stuff to help increase the life of the drive, ditching indexing, prefetch, no defrag etc etc...

Regards

Coolur

Back
Top Bottom