Parking in Birmingham

Man of Honour
Is Parking in Birmingham centre ridiculously expensive? Should I abandon all hope and use the train or are there any OcUK Top Parking Tips?

Soldato
There's a mulitstorey right next to the Bullring (old Bullring market) which is actually very reasonable. I think I paid £1.20 for 3 hours the last time I went shopping.

Not sure on the max stay time though so I'll let the Brummies give you the local lowdown.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14885354 said:
Is Parking in Birmingham centre ridiculously expensive? Should I abandon all hope and use the train or are there any OcUK Top Parking Tips?

Depends where.. if you wanna go to the Bullring, use the Bullrings main Carpark on Park Street (The Selfridges one). For Broad St use the car-park at the Novotel. Neither are that expensive. Dad used the Novotel one for 6 hours only something like £8.

Let us know where you are going i'll try and suggest something close :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Park in China Town - right in the centre and dirt cheap.

I'd let you park at my office for free but it's a 15 min walk to the centre which I fully appreciate is totally unthinkable for a student type. :p

Soldato
This may sound strange but ever thought about parking in Coventry. You can park right next to the train station on residential streets no problem for free. Then a return on the train is £3.10 and takes 15mins. Plus you have no annoying Birmingham traffic.

Edit - Thats a good price! Just do that.

Caporegime
Honestly, if you're going right into the centre, I'd use the train. Failing that, there are loads of multistories near the centre which aren't stupidly priced, or you can park near Millenium Point (where the iMAX is) on the street for free or in their carpark for reasonable. Or if it's the weekend, at Aston Uni. It's about 10-15 minutes from New Street though. It all depends where exactly you need to get to.

Man of Honour
OP
Just going to waste the afternoon in the shops and have lunch with some friends tommorrow for a few hours really. Seems the council carpark behind the Bullring and at Moor Street station is 3 quid for 5 hours which seems good value, that + the petrol is a bit cheaper than the train so unless Birmingham traffic is a stressful nightmare I may as well drive?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14885682 said:
Just going to waste the afternoon in the shops and have lunch with some friends tommorrow for a few hours really. Seems the council carpark behind the Bullring and at Moor Street station is 3 quid for 5 hours which seems good value, that + the petrol is a bit cheaper than the train so unless Birmingham traffic is a stressful nightmare I may as well drive?

Depends when you plan on going, but if you time it so you miss the rush hours (especially past Bristol and coming into Birmingham) then car wins every time

Soldato
I'll second the market next to the bulllring even though I nearly smashed my teeth out on my window last time I was there (lent outside the window and put my hand on the button :(). I would also recommend the big wok in china town if you want to stuff your face on the cheap. Its an all you can eat chinese.

Aero

Back
Top Bottom