Wipeout HD blu ray release...??

Soldato
Won't need to download it soon by the looks of it..

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/wipeout-hd-blu-ray-bundle-official

Although, I'd really love to see Sony start offering extended warranty for their mess of a console..

PS3 is an excellent game and media platform... shame the hardware packs up way too soon..!!

Yes, i'm not happy with Sony, I'm now on my third PS3, thankfully just in my warranty period but if your not - bang..!! £128 replacement fee etc....

Soldato
WipEout definitely deserves this, one of the best looking games on the system, it should be available to everyone.

3 PS3's?!
I must have about a dozen friends with a PS3 and none of them have had any issues at all. Are you keeping it in the oven or something?!

Soldato
OP
WipEout definitely deserves this, one of the best looking games on the system, it should be available to everyone.

3 PS3's?!
I must have about a dozen friends with a PS3 and none of them have had any issues at all. Are you keeping it in the oven or something?!

:eek: I know.... One died whilst updating the firmware, and it wouldn't boot correctly after that. My first failure.

Second one, a replacement from sony had it just under three months, blu light stays on, and I can't read blu ray discs or any disc for that matter.

Another refurb on its way....

i'm now considering trading the 40gb refurb for a 120gb slim, least I get 12 months warranty again... wait two months, then trade up, potential 14 months of warranty, but I guess I'll end up paying nearly £100 for trading up....

So bascially, three months from now, I face prospects of perhaps shelling out for a new console if it dies again.. My faith in the hardware is very poor at the moment..

Soldato
OP
I think the refurbs are just a bit pants tbh, the fix is clearly only temporary in most cases.

Yep... Hence why I'm now considering in a couple of months when I get it on Wed to trade it up for a slim....

Its a right pain.. as I have to backup the hdd to my USB 1TB drive, take the drive out, as I upgraded to a 360GB, put the 40GB drive back in again, then restore back to system default before they pick it up..... I then have to reverse the process on the replacement...

After the second time, you do start to wonder... Sony care little, I tried to get a new one, refurb was all I could get, and they weren't keen on that, wanted to repair this one.... But credit to Sony careline, they do move things along quickly..

As for Wipeout HD, yep good idea to release on blu ray... I like to have the media as well...

Permabanned
Excellent news! I cannot read the link at work, is it going to have the recent DLC included? And how much is this?

It's Wipeout HD and Fury on a Blu-Ray for £19.99 according to the article.

Sony has decided to cram WipEout HD and WipEout HD: Fury onto one Blu-ray disc for the David-Dickinson-would-be-pleased price of £19.99.Due out 16th October, the double-pack combines one of the best racing games on PS3 with one of the best expansion packs on PS3. Their average Eurogamer score: 9/10.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep... Hence why I'm now considering in a couple of months when I get it on Wed to trade it up for a slim....

Its a right pain.. as I have to backup the hdd to my USB 1TB drive, take the drive out, as I upgraded to a 360GB, put the 40GB drive back in again, then restore back to system default before they pick it up..... I then have to reverse the process on the replacement...

After the second time, you do start to wonder... Sony care little, I tried to get a new one, refurb was all I could get, and they weren't keen on that, wanted to repair this one.... But credit to Sony careline, they do move things along quickly..

As for Wipeout HD, yep good idea to release on blu ray... I like to have the media as well...

Just look at the worldwide failure rate - then you know who cares more about their console design more between MS and Sony

Mass production items will always have failures, production lines arent faultless and sometimes tollerances for the componants are not set correctly by original supplier

Sony should try harder - arguably - but its not like the design was suspect from the start (more than can be said for a certain competitor it has to be said)

Back
Top Bottom