Which router for o2?

Soldato
Was using a Netgear dg834gt router on my o2 line and was more than happy untill a few months ago when o2 changed something that doesnt seem to agree with his router anymore. Now ive managed to stop it losing connection but it connects at speeds slower than it used to and slower than what my o2 Wireless Box connects at. Unfortunately im having other problems with the o2 box which i cant seem to resolved so still using the dg834gt.

What i want to know is what router are other people using and recommend to use with o2?

Thanks

Associate
A fair number of people have had the same problem on be*, raise a ticket and it'll get fixed. As for other routers you'll probably find the dg834gt & dg834v4 are the most common ones after the o2/be box which suffers from a gui that looks like it was designed by a blind monkey.

Incidentally the newest netgear gt firmware has so many problems it's not worth having. If you haven't already flash with the dgteams firmware (use ie) and go from there.

Associate
I've just switched back to the O2 box after using the dg834gt (dgteam 0848 firmware) without problems up until recently, dropping connection every 10 minutes, SNR all over the place (using RouterStatsLite).

Here's stats from an hours use on the O2 Box:

Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 1:02:51
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,291 / 11,533
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 19.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 18.5 / 36.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 6.5 / 6.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / BDCM
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 24 / 13,206
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 24 / 15
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 820,590 / 11

So looks like O2 is up to something, although the dg834gt/dg834v4 is regarded as the best router as it uses the broadcom chipset.

Soldato
are you using llu or home access service, i've been using that router (not sure on the dgtema firmware it had on it tho) on the home access service up until i changed isp yesterday and it never gave me any problems.

Soldato
OP
I would use the o2 box again but I cant get my gf's pc to connect to it wirelessly anymore, not sure why as it used to work fine, and i cant host games in Left 4 Dead as i just get disconnected soon as the game starts which is very annoying as its what i play the most. Tried fixes some of the fixes suggested but they dont seem to work for me.

I dont have the above problems with the dg834gt router but it doesnt connect as fast as the o2 box which is also annoying as until o2 changed whatever they did it was faster than o2's box!

Not sure what revision my o2 box is but its looks like this:
WirelessBox_Front1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom