New Wheel time

Soldato
<voice of doctor nick>

Hi Everybody

</voice>

Its time for a new wheel being that my old logitech formula force has broke and isnt giving me any force feedback now. :(

Anyway, what do you guys recommend? Im not sure I want to spend £100 on a G25 (given that they are about to become old hat with the G27 coming out). So this leaves me with what is the pick of the rest?

Should I go for a logitech DFP (yes its for the PS2, but it works fine on the PC), or is there something else I should be looking at. Really, I dont ant to spend more than £50 on one. :confused:

Soldato
I splashed out on a G25 when a retailer in Jersey were selling them for £100. I was a little skeptical of it after having problems in Grid, but it seems to be a game specific thing. Then I got Burnout Paradise, and it was instantly worthwhile. The wheel's rotations get harder or softer depending on the type of car you're driving and the speed, launch your car into the air and it rotates freely until you're back on land again!
Took me buy suprise, on the lookout for more games that use it so well!

Also, I've not actually used the gearstick yet, but it has a ton of customizable buttons, which is handy since I have to push my keyboard out of the way to fit the wheel on my desk!

Soldato
OP
Hmm, maybe the plan of action is to get the wheel stand pro first, and then hopefully the g25 will come down in price by the time october comes around.

Edit:

lol, well sod it. I just went and bought the wheelstandpro (g25 version) as to force my hand on the g25 later on in the year. At last I will be able to run rfactor on the tv from the sofa instead of using the 15" laptop screen that I currently am.

(this is all part of my plan to migrate rfactor from the laptop to a gaming rig connected to the tv)

Last edited:
Soldato
the G25 is worthy of anyones cash ...

if your serious about your driving games this is the wheel to own .

and the leather smells lovely !!!!

Soldato
OP
Oh yes!!!!

Got my Wheelstand pro today, and I must say, it is awesome! Its so much better now that I can play rfactor on the tv instead of the titchy laptop screen!!! :D

Now just got to wait for the g25 to drop in price and then I can get me one of those! :D

I have forgotten how addictive rfactor is!

Back
Top Bottom