Anyone know how to fix fan ovens?

Soldato
We have a belling fan oven, turned it on to heat up last night, after a few minutes of it being on the lights flickered and the wall sockets trip switch had flicked off.

After turning it back on, we turned the oven on and it sounds fine, but it just doesn't get hot, it gets warm but no where near being hot.

Any ideas? I'd rather not have to get an engineer out if it's something simple we can fix ourselves as we don't have much money at the moment.

Soldato
Had the same problem a few years ago, was the element at the back of the unit that had gone. These chaps identified what I needed, got it for £12 and fitted it myself in about 5 minutes!

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums

Was fairly obvious it was broken when I took the panel off the back of the INSIDE of the oven. Fans and lights were working in the oven but it wouldn't heat.

Associate
Same thing happened to my oven recently...

Removed the panel inside the oven and sure enough the element had split.
Got a new one on the bay for £8, fitted it in 5 minutes, and it now works perfectly :)

Soldato
OP
Had the same problem a few years ago, was the element at the back of the unit that had gone. These chaps identified what I needed, got it for £12 and fitted it myself in about 5 minutes!

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums

Was fairly obvious it was broken when I took the panel off the back of the INSIDE of the oven. Fans and lights were working in the oven but it wouldn't heat.

Thanks, I'll check them out

Soldato
A[L]C;14896953 said:
yep will be the element. Ours has gone twice now!

is yours a belling too? We've had ours replaced twice too in the 4 years we've had the thing, absolute rubbish and I'll not be buying one of their ovens again in a hurry. First time got the belling engineer out to fix it (we needed a glass panel replacing that was broken in a move as well), 2nd time I did it myself with a £25.00 original belling part from espares (not a competitor to OcUK unless they've suddenly started selling white good spare parts :D).

Back
Top Bottom