• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So what has happened to BFG RMA/support ?

Soldato
Have to say I am disappointed, having long been a user and fan of BFG.

Recently had to RMA my 8800GTX OC, and duly went through the online process and posted off Friday 3rd September via RMSD. Royal Mail tracking showed it arrived, as expected, the next day (Sat 4th September) and so I patiently waited for a few days to see the RMA status update.....which it did not :(
Seeing how Jeff from BFG seems to have been most helpful with others on these forums, I thought I would drop him a mail (September 9th) which he kindly replied to the next day (September 10th), stating along the lines of 'looking into this'.
So nothing for few more days until the RMA status page updated on the 14th to show the card had actually been received (10 days after it actually was ?!).......
I have sent a further mail to BFG support, and cc'd Jeff, but it seems that no response has been deigned necessary from either :(

So, in a nutshell, I am - I think - duly disappointed with BFG. My one previous RMA experience had been nothing short of excellent, pretty sure I posted to such effect on these forums, but this time is unacceptable. I had always thought that the little extra cost of BFG cards had been worthwhile against the quality of support/service - on this evidence, it would appear that I am somewhat mistaken :mad:

Soldato
Maybe there's been a "cost cutting exercise", or perhaps Jeff has been on holiday? I wouldn't give up yet. Sometimes things fall between the cracks, so it's worth giving them the occasional remider.

Soldato
OP
It is disappointing :(

I have always been so pleased with BFG cards I have owned and the one previous time i needed to RMA (ironically, the same card type) the whole process was speedy and left me totally confident in the brand and fabled support. Problem is now, all that good work seems to have been undone !
The length of warranty is, of course, excellent, but - that said - I rarely keep a card for more than a fraction of 10yrs.......and many other manufacturers now offer similar (EVGA ?) or approx. 3yrs (ASUS, Gigabyte) and thus the 'value add' of the BFG cards has suddenly become a doubt in my mind.

Naturally, I am sure that I will receive a replacement (struggling along with a weedy X300 :p ) and sincerely hope that it is the same card or a proper equivalent. That is the only other concern I have now, with the 8800GTX OC perhaps no longer available as a replacement, and I do not want to end up with something inferior (eg 9800GTX or even, really, a GTS250)

Still, I will keep the community updated :) Good to share.......my therapist says.... (note: not actually got a therapist, but erring that way :p )

Associate
mistakes happen it's just the way things go. but we are very impatient people and expect thing to be done quickly, it's the way our generation has been bought up , fast food, nextday del and credit cards are pure examples of what we expect.

Associate
Believe it or not I'm in the exact same position, expect mines a 8800 GTS 640MB and I haven't emailed jeff, but sent RMSD on the Fri 3rd, according to royal mails tracking system it arrived next day but BFG say they received it on the 14th.

Similar thing with OcUK with a motherboard, sent on the Thu 2nd, royal mail tracking system states it was arrived the next day the but OcUK say it was received on the 11th, put in a complaint via webnote but as of yet no response.

Associate
Just wanted to give you a heads up to give them a 2nd chance, as I waited for about a week for my 8800GTX to get replaced with a 1GB 250 OC :)

So with luck you will ge the same card or better, taking into account the extra delays you've had aswell!

*Oh and this was only about 2weeks ago too

Associate
BFG had lost support from me due to their INCREDIBLY inflexible warranty scheme. You purchase a state of the art graphics card, sell it on even only a month down the line and BAM, suddenly no warranty.

:(

That saying, its a personal choice and I respect that, and BFG have always been polite and curteous.

Associate
dont forget to take into account the disruption caused by royal mail strikes.

Ive been posting letters all month to places only like 10 miles away which have been taking over a week to arrive at the destination, which has subsequently gotten me into trouble because there were doubts id actually posted the items, until we found out there had actually been some kind of industrial disruption.

Soldato
BFG had lost support from me due to their INCREDIBLY inflexible warranty scheme. You purchase a state of the art graphics card, sell it on even only a month down the line and BAM, suddenly no warranty.

:(

That saying, its a personal choice and I respect that, and BFG have always been polite and curteous.

To be fair this applies to most of the manufactures. From memory it's only XFX that allow you to transfer the warranty to a third party. Seems a missed opportunity to me.

Associate
I bought a BFG 8800gtx oc2 a couple of years back and I had to snd it back to BFG on 4 different occasions. The first time I got a 8800gtx oc2 back but this failed within 3 months. The second time they sent me back another 8800gtx oc2 and this didn't even work (i was very dissapointed as it was costing me postage each time to send back at my expense.) The third time they sent me an 8800 ultra. When this failed thank goodness I didnt get an overclocked 8800 series card back but a GT260oc maxcore. And this is still working perfectly :)

I have to say on the 4 times I had to send cards back, they always replied to an email with 2 days and the max I had to wait from sending a card back was 1 week.

I really hope you get sorted out as BFG have probably got the best reputation out there for their superb after sales warranty

Keep us informed

Deks

Soldato
OP
dont forget to take into account the disruption caused by royal mail strikes.

Ive been posting letters all month to places only like 10 miles away which have been taking over a week to arrive at the destination, which has subsequently gotten me into trouble because there were doubts id actually posted the items, until we found out there had actually been some kind of industrial disruption.

True, I accept that there have been postal issues, but the point here is the card was sent RMSD on the 3rd Sept, and received on the 4th Sept - per RM tracking. It was the 14th before the RMA tracking website acknowledged receipt ! I can understand a couple of days for the webpage to get updated, but feel that the gap here was a little high.
And then couple this to the fact we are now on the 17th and still no indication of despatch and no response to emails.....I guess that once the replacement is despatched, there may be a couple of days or so before receipt, due to RM action, but does not appear to have even got this far :(

I bought a BFG 8800gtx oc2 a couple of years back and I had to snd it back to BFG on 4 different occasions. The first time I got a 8800gtx oc2 back but this failed within 3 months. The second time they sent me back another 8800gtx oc2 and this didn't even work (i was very dissapointed as it was costing me postage each time to send back at my expense.) The third time they sent me an 8800 ultra. When this failed thank goodness I didnt get an overclocked 8800 series card back but a GT260oc maxcore. And this is still working perfectly :)

I have to say on the 4 times I had to send cards back, they always replied to an email with 2 days and the max I had to wait from sending a card back was 1 week.

I really hope you get sorted out as BFG have probably got the best reputation out there for their superb after sales warranty

Keep us informed

Deks

As for me, my one previous RMA to these guys was nothing short of excellent, more or less a week complete turnaround. This one, however.....

It is worth pointing out that upon initially raising the RMA request, the response was speedy (within 24hrs) and so I guess there may be an SLA they are monitored on there.....but it seems that further along the chain, this goes out of the window, based on my current scenario.

Soldato
OP
So, update !

My wife has just called to say FedEx delivered a package from BFG.....and it is.....

A GTS250 OC 1GB as here

Naturally, I will need to plug it in when I get home.......but I guess my question to the afficionados out there is whether or not this is a reasonably comparable card ? At the moment, I game @ 1680x1050 on a Dell 2005FPW, but am in the process of upgrading to 1920x1200.....was pretty happy that the 8800GTX OC would have been fine for most stuff @ this higher resolution, but have no idea about the GTS 250 OC 1GB......

Any thoughts ?

Oh, and good news that it seems to be resolved, from an RMA perspective..... :)

Back
Top Bottom