Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim - TMT Installed but not working

Associate
Hi All,

Just got this card and installed it all absolutely fine. Audio coming out of it ok and sounds good.

I wasnt sure if i had to install the TMT that bundles with it though so i first tried to play a BluRay from my Corel WinDVD 9. That loads ok but the picture stutters like mad, and the screen has taring flicking on and off randomly - as if the picture / data isnt being sent out of my HTPC fast enough.

I then tried to install TMT which also completed ok, but when trying to load it absolutely nothing happens. I can see a process in task manager appear for it (forget the name and im at work now), and its there for about a minute before it disappears.

Not sure what to do next. Do you have to use the bundled TMT? Is that why my WinDVD9 didnt work? Any ideas?

Thanks all,
D.

Associate
OP
For HDMI sound you need to sue the bundled version of TMT yes. But other players should still work.

I already do get HDMI sound out absolutely fine from windows, MediaPortal, and WinDVD (although this one stutters). So its going from my mobo HDMI (out) to the HDMI (IN) on the Xonar, and then from the Xonar HDMI (out) to my amp.

Sound works a treat except for in WinDVD9 - which i was going to stop using for the bundled TMT.

Associate
OP
Ahh cool. So to get the DTS-MA and TrueHD working properly use TMT.

Id love to if only it loaded ok. Will play more tonight but thought id touch base here and see if anyone knew what it was.

thanks for your help.

Soldato
Assuming you are using the drivers from the disk or Asus web page version 17.71, uninstall the current drivers and install the new drivers 17.73

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/Audi...CI_HDAVslim_090617_8_17_73Vista3264_RC_01.rar

If you are using TMT2 that came with the card then uninstall this and use the new TMT3 for the HDAV slim.

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/Audio_Card/Xonar_HDAV1.3/TMT3_ASUS_Xonar_v3_0_13_136_20090720.zip

I have this combo and it works fine. I suspect you are having problems as the 17.71 Asus drivers need the asus vista game patch installed along side it to prevent issues runnung various applications the new 17.73 drivers from the FTP site do not have this issue.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeh i am on 64bit OS.

Dave: You should use media portal, its awesome. I have lotsof movies in mkv format which i link into it, as well as loads of TV series.

This card tho is for my BluRay discs which im not really bothered about ripping, i just want to get the quality audio for them to be sent to my amp. About to try your post above now.

Soldato
total media theatre? thats a suprise, since they dont support 64bit and it doesnt work for just about everybody else :p

That would be incorrect I have been running TMT 3 in 64 bit Vista since it was released !

The first release of TMT 2 didn't support 64 bit however it was resolved with an update TMT 3 has supported 64 bit since it was released.

Associate
OP
thanks dave your a fracking legend. done both and irobot straight away shows the DTS:MA on my amp which is the first ever. historic moment!

whats next :)

actually do you or anyone know how to set TMT to play in 24p if TMT even has anything to do with it? MediaPortal sets it fine for my mkvs. not sure if i have to do something similar.

Back
Top Bottom