Overclockers Pre Built System Turns Off Randomly

Associate
Primo Oren" AMD Athlon II X2 Dual Core 245 2.90GHz DDR2 System

Hi Guys
My employer just bought this computer from overclockers and i set it up for them,well tried to set it up for them.
Got it this morning went into work on my day off to set it up,but it is randomly,even before i got to install the operating system it was just switching off,just like the power cord being pulled out.
Sometimes it lasts for a few minutes or an hour or so then the power dies.
Im an experienced pc builder myself and i did not have time to open the case and check inside but im leaning on a faulty psu or a faulty on/off button either way i gonna have to send this rig back if i cant fix the problem.
Im gonna look kinda silly with my bosses,especially as i told them overclockers were fantastic(which they are).
Cant believe a new rig has gone belly up straight out the box.
What you guys think??
Cheers

Associate
OP
Sorry started a double thread ,,,oops
No have`nt contacted OC yet will do that tomorrow will open the case and make sure everything is plugged in.

Associate
OP
Its a 4 socket extension cable with only the monitor and the pc plugged in.
Monitor is als brand new from OC.
Will try it tomorrow.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
How long does the PC stay on before it powers off?

Also would you be able to tell me what BIOS version is on the PC?

You can also use the customer support forum if needed as this is the sort of problem that it is made for.

Associate
OP
The pc was staying on for 1 minute or upto an hour.
At one point i pressed the power button and it got to the post screen before switching off.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
Apologies i edited my previous post can you reply to the second question or do you not have access to the PC right now.

If the PC has the F2 BIOS on it the problem maybe solved by flashing it to the F4 BIOS which should have been done.

Associate
OP
Im not at the pc right now as im at home.
Also i was not sent the motherboard drivers disc which should have been in the mobo box,so im gonna have to download the drivers at home and take them into work tomorrow.
Not sure what you mean about f2 and f4 bios flashing.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
The motherboard usually comes with the F2 version BIOS already installed but with the AMD 245 Edition CPU that you have installed it performs better and works more stable with the F4 BIOS installed. To install the F4 BIOS just go to gigabytes website download it and put it onto a USB pen. Go into the BIOS and use the flash utility its usually accessed by fressing F8 in the BIOS. Hopefully this will help you.

Back
Top Bottom