Poll: Can girls and guys be 'just good' friends?

Which one are you?

• I can have a strictly platonic relationship with a woman.

Votes: 332 64.6%
  • I'm the type of guy who just can't keep it in his pants however hard I try.

Votes: 182 35.4%

• Total voters
Permabanned
Or will there always be feelings from one side, either initially or developed?

And is it different for men and women? Do women find it easier to be just friends with guys than men do with women?

Last edited:

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Of course they can, I have several female friends I have absolutely zero intention of sleeping with.

Man of Honour
I think there will be some attraction there subconcious or not. It's just human nature.

I think this sums it up pretty well.

I agree. Not everything is about sex.

Well, it depends on how you look at it. We are built to reproduce successfully - everything else comes second. Obviously, sex isn't everything in terms of lifestyle.

Last edited:
Soldato
Meh I've got a number of female friends who I'd never sleep with, pretty sure they'd not sleep with me, and we get on fine, the thought's never crossed my mind at least.

though I know of many who are good friends and once they spend a lot of time alone together, they start acting kinda couple-ey and it turns out they slept together but kept it quiet lol, but then just went back to being friends

Man of Honour
I think it is perfectly possible to have good friendships with members of the opposite sex without it ever leading to anything further. That's not to say there definitely isn't an element of attraction there but that doesn't necessarily mean that it must develop into anything else.

Soldato
There are only 3 girls I'm friends with. One I don't fancy, another is with my best mate and for some reason I just don't fancy her anymore (spoiled goods?) and the third I can't think of as anything other than a sibling, she's an amazing friend.

All other girls I'm 'friends' with, I fancy, haha.

Man of Honour
Not really. People you can have strictly platonic feeling about are rare, but they are out there.

Sorry, I added to my original comment:

Well, it depends on how you look at it. We are built to reproduce successfully - everything else comes second. Obviously, sex isn't everything in terms of lifestyle.

Ooo underboos, congrats semi-pro :)

Back
Top Bottom