HTC Hero, coming July on Orange and T-Mobile, makes me want!

Soldato
That's what I got a while ago due to being on Orange, so had to do the slightly naughty update. :)

Yeah i found that out, i didn't read all of the last 20 pages. I got my root loaded onto my phone. Just need to download the 80mb file. Which takes ages! So i should be all in the clear with the new rom.

Btw, do you loose all of your Orange pre-setups like Web Settings, Shortcuts and etc?

Associate
63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18 is on the official one too from the website

updated it last night from htc official site, it feels smoother going to different screens etc

used mybackup to do bookmarks sms mms etc

windows add book sync for contacts

all good.

Soldato
MyBackup was a good little app.. I had to pay for the Pro version though as it said my evaluation period was already up on the trial! It has made a hell of a difference with the new ROM, everything just seems so much quicker to respond and there is no lag what so ever! :)

Associate
Can you revert from new firmware back to stock Tmobile firmware?

I just got the phone and dont want to void warranty without option of flashing it back to tmobile if something goes wrong.

Soldato
The older ROMs are available here..

Linky!

However, I've sent flashed phones back in the past under warranty and have never had an issue.. Most people in the repair centres don't care it seems! :)

Soldato
Has anyone managed to run the official update under Windows 7?

I got my new, unbranded Hero on Vodafone yesterday, and thought I'd try and do things properly this time, but when I run the .exe, it says it's installing, and then just disappears off the screen! :confused:

Soldato
Has anyone managed to run the official update under Windows 7?

I got my new, unbranded Hero on Vodafone yesterday, and thought I'd try and do things properly this time, but when I run the .exe, it says it's installing, and then just disappears off the screen! :confused:

I never had that, I only had the screen that I and others have posted above.

Soldato
I never had that, I only had the screen that I and others have posted above.

Strange, tried mine a few different ways, run as administrator, Vista/XP compatibility mode, etc, but it always shuts itself down.

I'll download it from a different source and see if that makes any difference.

On a side note, I think this new phone will be going back too, as I can see at least 4 dead/stuck pixels on boot up, with 2 of them right next to each other, annoying! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom