43 marathons in 51 days, run by..

Caporegime
..Eddie Izzard! Of all people. I had no idea he was doing this. Yes he started off at 10 hours/marathon but he's sped up, and I still think its an amazing achievement. Here's to everyone who says they can't run :).

It's the last leg of Eddie Izzard's 43 marathons in 51 days. How did the less than athletic comic pull off such a feat of endurance?

Running into London's Trafalgar Square on Tuesday, Eddie Izzard took the last of 1.6m steps, from the 43 marathons he has completed in 51 days.

He has run at least 27 miles a day, six days a week, over the past seven weeks, covering more than 1,110 miles of England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8256589.stm

Associate
It was being discussed on BBC Breakfast this morning, apparently he only trained for a few weeks before attempting this feat, with this comes the long term damage that he has done to himself.

Incredible effort if not a bit foolish.

Soldato
Epic.

In my lifetime i want to run from the top of Scotland to the bottom of England.

For no reason either. I will do it eventually, whether I will get people to sponsor me I don't care, maybe people can join in... I hope so.

I want to do a Forrest Gump ;)

Man of Honour
Very well done, that's a hell of an achievement and he's one of the least likely people I'd have expected to run a marathon, nevermind 43 of them. About the only less likely comics I can think of are Jo Brand and Dawn French.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Fantastic achievement but that's what happens when you don't **** your pants and give up.

I once knew a guy that told me about what will happen when you hit the wall in a Marathon. And he said you just need to hope there is a toilet around because its not gonna wait for one:p

Soldato
Yeah, I thought this was a superb achievement by any athlete, but with only 6 weeks training and no prior experience it was down right monumentus . I also checked to see if it was anywhere close to a world record but it seems one Ricardo Abad Martínez from Spain, ran a marathon for 150 consecutive days!

Soldato
I couldn't do it.
Not belittling what Eddie Izzard has done at all, but he's shown that you probably could. A decent support team behind you and plenty of time and pretty much anyone could do this (physically at least, I guess some people might not mentally be able to take it).

Back
Top Bottom