Hankook Dynapro HP RA23

Associate
Can't find a lot of information on them. Other hankook tyres got best buy awards in Which? tests so I was wondering if these are worth using. I have a friend who works 'in the trade' and says that some manufacturers are fitting them as OE now. Does anyone know who?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14893661 said:
Pretty sure Ford fit Hankook as OEM fit on the non performance stuff?

Continental (Eco, Premium, Sport contacts, you can probably guess what cars each goes on), then if stock is an issue, Pirelli.

I havent really read bad things about Hankook tires, I would certainly consider them since I dont hoon at alll, however if the price came close to what I was more familiar with I would choose them instead, i.e. the continentals.

Last edited:
Soldato

Is that quote from here? http://www.tyres-online.co.uk/archives/newsjun04.asp If the contract ended in 2007 it would explain why I have never seen Hankook tires on a new Ford recently.

However, didnt know we had that many suppliers. Every car I see, the presentation models in foyer, all the new cars seem to have Conti's on (pass by tens of them daily), and sometimes rarely I'll see Pirelli. NOT that I look at every vehicle and what tires they have on. We have Continental engineers inhouse also so I guess theyre the first choice supplier.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Not sure what my GF's parents Fiesta has on it, its an 08 thought they were Hankooks, will have a nosey tommorrow. I've not really paid an awful lot of attention so I'm probably wrong.

Soldato
if you want a decent performing but "budget" tyre then just get kumho ku31s. i put those on my GF's fiesta to replace the conti and how the car has daft levels of grip, wet or dry

Soldato
ecsta ku31s? ive not got a bad word to say about them, im on my second set (so i think 30k miles combined) and my GF has them on her car. in the wet their not far from eagle f1, hard to tell the difference tbh. in the dry you may want a touch more grip, but they break away predictably etc if you do push it that far

Soldato
i was once told that because p6000s came on "performance saloons" like the x and s type jag, they must have been good, despite them being a total farce on the A4 i had at the time. the conti sportcontacts, though, were awesome in comparison

Soldato
the audi i had was only 115bhp diesel and it was utter pants on p6000s, burn em all!!

can you imagine trying to sail a big engined s type on those things?!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
i was once told that because p6000s came on "performance saloons" like the x and s type jag, they must have been good, despite them being a total farce on the A4 i had at the time. the conti sportcontacts, though, were awesome in comparison

contisportcontacts are 2nd only to PS2s imo

Back
Top Bottom