High mileage Z4

Associate
i have been looking at s2000's for quite a while now. i cant seem to find one in decent condition with good service history for £8000 or under. i have been to see 6 and rung up about many more. basically im fed up with looking for the right one.

there are 3 Z4's near me for £8500 ish.

two are 2.2's with 85k ish miles on them.
another is a 3.0l with 115k on it.

has anyone had any experiance with high mile Z4's? they all seem to have good service history and well looked after. im starting to think the Z4 is a better buy then the s2000 at £8-9000.

thanks

Associate
Not knowing a lot about Z4's, I'd be tempted to avoid high miler's because of the suspension wear they are likely to have. I'm sure the Engine and drivetrain would be fine with it though.

Keep looking for a decent S2K, one will eventually come up, I take it you're looking on the owners club (s2Ki)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
have you tried looking further afield, or are you limiting yourself to cars within 50 miles of your house?

Associate
OP
Not knowing a lot about Z4's, I'd be tempted to avoid high miler's because of the suspension wear they are likely to have. I'm sure the Engine and drivetrain would be fine with it though.

Keep looking for a decent S2K, one will eventually come up, I take it you're looking on the owners club (s2Ki)

yeh i was interested in a members car untill i realised it had been raged round a track for a lot of its life. probabley shouldnt have put me off but it did.

Man of Honour
The Z4 is heavily based on the E46 3 Series and handles miles about as well although do bear in mind there will be many less true motorway mileage cars around than with, say, a 330d as its not that sort of car.

Soldato
~20k a year isn't that high. A 30 mile trip to work and back, plus some personal use would rack that up.

I'm not sure how comfortable and suited to longer trips they are and therefore how likely this sort of use would be.

Associate
Picked up a black 115k 3.0i SE Z4 on a 54 plate earlier in the week with a mate. Paid £7600. Full BMWSH, Sat Nav, leather, etc. After a bit of a wet sanding, polish and wax session it looks fantastic - you couldn't tell the mileage. Bit of wear on the steering wheel, surprisingly little wear on the drivers seat (both going to be smart repaired).

Associate
OP
Picked up a black 115k 3.0i SE Z4 on a 54 plate earlier in the week with a mate. Paid £7600. Full BMWSH, Sat Nav, leather, etc. After a bit of a wet sanding, polish and wax session it looks fantastic - you couldn't tell the mileage. Bit of wear on the steering wheel, surprisingly little wear on the drivers seat (both going to be smart repaired).

nice one! i was looking at that car. rung up and it sounded very good. looks like i was too late:(

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14909272 said:
Why would he? IMHO the Z4 is a more complete car.

Whether the car is more "complete" is irrespective. He has been looking at S2000s to buy first for a reason... I assume because he prefers an S.

He is looking at Z4s because he is, and I quote, "starting to think the Z4 is a better buy then the s2000 at £8-9000."

If the only reason he is looking at Z4s is for financial/budgeting/availability reasons it cannot be that hard to fathom that he may regret it if his original choice comes along a few months later.

Man of Honour
Alternatively it could be that he was looking at S2000's because they were more commonly available at his pricepoint and that he hadn't realised that the Z4 was now available from as little as £8000.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14909342 said:
Alternatively it could be that he was looking at S2000's because they were more commonly available at his pricepoint and that he hadn't realised that the Z4 was now available from as little as £8000.

i have been looking at s2000's for quite a while now. i cant seem to find one in decent condition with good service history for £8000 or under.

Did not read the opening thread? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom