Computer won't post

Soldato
Computer was running all fine and dandy and then froze. This has happened a fair few times before (never been able to pin point problem. More or less all components replaced at one time or another in order to fix it with no luck), so I hit reset and thought it would boot up as normal. This time though, it won't even post. No beeps nothing. I tried resetting CMOS, but no luck there. Tightened/checked the power connections but they all seem fine. Computer powers up allright but just doesn't post. And no beeps either. I tried taking out the ram sticks just to see if it would give an error beep but nothing there either.

Help is greatly appreciated. The thought of lugging the computer across London on the tube and then paying 50 quid to find out what's wrong with it is not one that is at all appealing.

The specs are -

Mobo - P5N32 SLI Premium
Ram - Corsair 2gb C6400
Processor - x6800
PSU - tagan 900 W
gfx - 8800 GTX EVGA
HD - WD 74 and Seagate 320

Permabanned
So just to clarify
When you turn it on it does what?
LEDs come on I take it?
Do the fans spin up?
If you leave it a little can you hear HDD spin up?
What happens with screen? Nothing?
You can try taking absolutely everything out, not just RAM, but everything so you only have psu powering mobo, see if that gives you any error beeps

Soldato
OP
LED's come on, fans spin up (gfx card fan also). HDD never spins up. Nothing on screen at all. Just the flashing power light on the monitor indicating computer may as well be off.

I tried taking out ram and gfx card and disconnecting the HDDs and all USB stuff leaving in only the processor, the cd drives and the LED's. Does that help at all? I'd rather not take out processor and heatsink cause I don't wanna dislodge anything or fail to put it back properly since it's more sensitive than the other parts.

The result of taking out those other parts was the same as before. No extra beeps or activity. Since it's not reaching the point that it's giving an error at not noticing a lack of a gfx card or ram, does taht mean its a mobo problem? or could it still be the processor or even the psu?

No heating issues previously.

Back
Top Bottom