• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Eyefinity vs. 3DVision - immersion in a game.

Associate
My opinioon: eyefinity is pointless and ALL THIS LINES are so annoying...
I don't even use Mine 50" tv for gaming!

+100 for 3D VISION

aln

aln

Associate
Once we get bezelless monitors, which I'm sure are possible (oled maybe) then super hi-res gaming should, in theory, be more affordable. I think that would have a better update than the glasses.

Soldato
I really think multiple monitors ISN'T for me. Even If I got into flight sims (which I wouldn't)
I think 3D gaming HAS to by definition be the future and everything should be done to push this hard for the PC platform to return victorious over casual gaming console bashers.
120hz 1080p projector, 5.1 and 3D vision with a fan in ur face = IMMERSION

Soldato
Push it where? until prices come down it is not going any where really,eyefinity comes free with the 5*** and if anyone got a spare monitor they can use it at no extra cost.
As for me i not sure i like either really but to be honest if and when i get a 5***, any spare monitor i got i might try it.

Associate
I have tried both (well TH2go rather than Eyefinity but they should be identical in 3 screen mode), and Triple screens win hands down over 3D when in comes to immersion. You cant beat having your whole field of view filled with game. Vertical height isn't too important as we naturally see in 'widescreen' due to the position of our eyes. With 3 screens, bezels dont bother me. A projected screen would be fine as well as long as it was 3 screens; single screen aspect ratio doesn't cut it anymore for me once you get used to WIDESCREEN. Some of the benefits of projected screens are negated by having to sit further back, making you more aware of objects and the room in your peripheral vision. 3x24's curved right infront of you puts you pretty much in the middle of everything.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think they're both great technologies but if I had to pick one it'd be the 3D Vision but only when it's available on 24 and 30" IPS monitors. I don't have the space for multiple monitors (my house is far too small) and the borders would really bug me. However, I'm sure specific slim bezel monitors are in the works for it and if you've got a dedicated PC room then space wouldn't be an issue.

Associate
eyefinity needs to be done on one monitor tbh, i have enough problems with two monitors, and for fps gaming id need at least 3, otherwise the bezzels are gonna be right in the centre of my view and it wont work.

I can just see using eyfinity on call of duty being called everything under the sun for hacking. I'd bet money on most servers ruling against using it.

I really wish i hadn't invested in a new monitor without the 3d vision.

Associate
Neither, I only use one display at a time and see no point in using two or more, i'd much sooner buy a larger display then bother with eyefinity.

3d glasses are too expensive, love to try it though.

Last edited:
Associate
I think 3d will only 'do it' for me on horror games (Bioshock 2 would be cool if it supported 3d!) and flight sims possibly.

Thing is, its impossible to find any screenshots of what it looks like which is what is most annoying!

Associate
I think 3d will only 'do it' for me on horror games (Bioshock 2 would be cool if it supported 3d!) and flight sims possibly.

Thing is, its impossible to find any screenshots of what it looks like which is what is most annoying!

That's kind of the problem with 3dvision, you need the glasses to see what it looks like so theres no way for anyone to preview it without buying them first.

So it could be awesome but who would know?. lol

Associate
3DVision is fun, but even thou i jumped back once or twice in my seat i wouldnt say i felt much more "immersed".

Not tried eyefinity, but the bars are going to be annoying no matter what - obviously.

Neither will make me part with more money/choose one card of the other for sometime.

Soldato
Its a shame proper pc hardware shops don't really exist in the UK, go to america and they'd probably have 3d vision on display in a store the size of our tescos:(

Soldato
I heard Best buy wanted to come to europe pre-recession and assumed now they'd scrap that idea.
Tbh I found fry's in the US to be a lot better for pc hardware with high end gear on display

Permabanned
Doesn't the whole 120Hz mean that your PC has to render at a solid 120FPS constantly for the 3D to work?

That would mean that you'd be pushed to upgrade more often to make sure the latest games work in 3D so your games run at 120FPS.

I'm one for the Eyefinity, I would have loved to get a TH2G and a third screen, but the resolution restriction of TH2G was a massive offputting, I've tried softTH too, and while it works, the lack of dual GPU support also put me off.

Eyefinity appears to be the best of all current solutions rolled in to one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't think you need 120fps, its just like now you can have 45fps but the refresh rate of the monitor is 60hz. In 3D you'd probs want at least 60fps in 2D so that in 3D you get 30fps per eye, still smooth-ish. Far as I know performance hit is anywhere from 10-40%, sli starts to make sense.

Back
Top Bottom