can i put a 7200RPM SATA-II in my ps3

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

What heat? There are minimal differences between 5400 & 7200 drives.

It's mainly dimensions that will cause problems.. go for a standard 9.5mm drive (not 12.5mm!)

...or put a SSD drive in :D

Associate
If you want your fans kicking in after an hour go for higher speed. I personally went for samsung 500GB 5400rpm .........but as EVH said you can go for SSD. My friend at work has one and said his fans hardly go past stage 1. Also load times are so much quicker

Soldato
the heat difference is minimal to be fair these days
betwwen 5400 and 7200

It really depends on what model you have in terms of how much impact it will have.. Example my old 40gig when it warmed up the fans would kick in at full pelt.. With this system i'd strongly recommend against putting in a 7200rpm... My 60gig and my new slim at full pelt really isn't all that loud so i would consider putting in a 7200rpm over it.. I did read somewhere a very decent comparison of 5400 vs 7200 with heat and speed comparisons.

All depends what you tolerance levels to fan noise is.. But in terms of whether it will work or not.. Then yes it will and it will be a little fast.. The downside is, it'll generate a little more heat.. But that little more than make your system a lot noiser.

Back
Top Bottom