Bora Bora

Soldato
Sorry for opening a new thread, however someone brought up Bora Bora on my holiday idea's thread and would like to know if anyone here has been there, when you went, what it cost, what the weather was like and so on.

In the short hour since it was suggested i've googled feverishly and every aspect of the place looks amazing, just wondering if I can get enough OT over the next 6 months to afford to go there for 2/3 weeks in april/may next year.

A link to google piccies for those who haven't seen it before...looks like heaven!

http://images.google.co.uk/images?h...&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4

Soldato
Ah, the Society Islands ;) Fantastic place.

Im going next year, June 2010. Going for 3 weeks.

Its EXTREMELY expensive.

I also recommend Maldives. Its very similiar. A tad cheaper but oh so luxurious. If i was on a budget i would go to Maldives as Bora Bora is hell-expensive.

Last edited:
Soldato
Air France fly there. Then get a sea plane to the island.

I will check some prices for you.

Its definately dooable for 6k. But the flights are expensive unfortunately.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive looked at Bora Bora and Tahiti and am really tempted but its not the price thats the problem but the horrendously long flight that puts me off. How many hours is it ??

edit: just checked and its about 18hrs

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
18 hours isn't that bad tbh, you'd sleep the majority of it ;)

The cheapest i've found now are in may @ around £1600 per person, but it's a total of something like 33 hours, LHR - LAX - PPT - BOB

Back
Top Bottom