Flights website & holiday idea's...

Soldato
I'm trying to decide on a holiday for april/may next year and need a decent flight website to check costs. I need something that allows flexibility on the dates you search such as +/- 3-7 days, most of the sites i'm using only let you search an exact date and it's a damn nightmare going through each day of the week for each possible destination.

In terms of where I want to go, not sure yet, toying with the idea of japan (a little cold though), fiji, hawaii, indonesia, want somewhere damn hot and pretty exotic, going for around 3 weeks and working on a budget of around £3k - £5k dependant on how much overtime me and my gf get over the next 5 months.

Have been to barbados, thailand (x2) and a few places around europe, love the idea of going east again but not opposed to going west. Would like maybe 2 different destinations, do 10 days at each possibly. Did that when I went to thailand, stayed in bangkok, phuket, phi phi and krabi over 3 weeks.

Also thinking of maybe an island break, maldives, seychelles, mauritius...we literally want to just chill for 3 weeks, throw in a few tours here and there but doesn't have to be action packed.

Feel free to suggest anything we might not have thought about or heard of, not afraid to go off the beaten track...but it MUST have the sea within walking distance :D

Due to work commitments we can only go in april or may next year and they won't give us more than 3 weeks off, even though we have 25 days holiday allowance for next year :(

Soldato
OP
Sorry for the slight OT, but Just out of curiosity, how many nights have you spent in Bangkok (in total)?

First time in thailand around 5 nights, second time 1 night, i had limited time in thailand and really wanted to get to the beach/south asap...have done the main bangkok attractions but i'm much more of a sea person :)

It's the water festival you mentioned yeah?

Soldato
OP
What did you think of Phuket? Going there in February for 3 weeks. Looks nice.

It's fantastic, just avoid patong, overcrowded, smelly, horrible beach.

Both times i've stayed in the Kata/Karon beach areas and really enjoyed it. Landed on my feet last time as well, had booked up 7 days stay here...

http://www.bamboohousephuket.com/home.html

Paid in advance, was around £10 a night with some special deal if I remember right, anyway, we had transfers for free, but the guy took us to a different hotel, didn't speak a word of english so went to the reception. Said think there has been a mistake to which we were told that the other place was undergoing last minute refurb work and we'd had a free upgrade to this...

http://www.marinaphuket.com/room_rate.html

Jungle view room...$280/night...for just £10 night that we'd originally paid, free breakfast as well.

Soldato
OP
Ha ha...the sea is always warm.

Karon and Kata are very clean and nice to swim, Kata can get a little choppy but they do have lifeguards of some description around.

Back
Top Bottom