Jedi ejected from Tesco for wearing hood

Soldato
In the Guardian, amongst others:

The founder of the Star Wars-inspired Jedi faith has accused Tesco of religious discrimination after he was banned from wearing a hood in one of its stores.

Basically, they took him to one side and told him to remove his hood or leave the store. He replied that it was part of his 'religion', and that he didn't feel that he should have to. Apparently he was belittled and felt emotionally traumatised, and is now considering legal action for religious discrimination.

Now we can all have a giggle at 'Jedis', but do Tesco ask Muslims to remove their hijabs and burkas? I doubt it. Your thoughts? :D

Associate
In the Guardian, amongst others:

Apparently he was belittled and felt emotionally traumatised, and is now considering legal action for religious discrimination.

Now we can all have a giggle at 'Jedis', but do Tesco ask Muslims to remove their hijabs and burkas? I doubt it. Your thoughts? :D

He sounds a bit of a penis really. He felt 'belittled' did he? Being of Jedi faith, I am sure he is mature enough to cope with a little persecution.

Soldato
A shop can deny entry or refuse to serve anyone they please but it's a sign of the times when a Jedi master can't buy a sandwich and is ridiculed at Tescos because of his robes. Don't they know that if they put him down he will become more powerful than they could possibly imagine.

It just makes me Sith thinking about it.

Back
Top Bottom