£250 P&S - what's best?

Soldato
I'm in the market for a new camera and I thought I'd come to OCuk for suggestions.

I'm looking for a standard point and shoot camera for holidays, parties and close-up photos. Therefore I'm looking for a camera with good low light performance and a decent macro mode.

What I'm not looking for is gimmicks. I don't care about how many megapixels it has got or whether it does HD video recording. All I care about is still image quality.

Any suggestions? I've tried searching reviews online but it's hard to know what information is up-to-date.

Soldato
I took the Panasonic TZ6 with me on holiday for 6 weeks, took it on nights out partying and for landscape photos etc, and I've been really pleased with the results. If you want HD video recording the TZ7 might be worth looking at but costs a bit more. I think it has a more detailed LCD too. It's got a decent lens - from 25mm to 300mm equivalent, 12x zoom IIRC. I think the TZ6 should be available for around £210, and I think I've seen the TZ7 for £240 online.

A bit of shameless pimpage but here's some of my favourite photos I've taken with it - http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18055646

Back
Top Bottom