Sky Player on 360

Associate
OP
MS mentioned FB,Twitter, Lastfm in the last update (not bother about them) but they never mentioned sky player at all - which is what im looking forward to.

Associate
funny this thread was made as i've literally just seen aceybongos on my friends list on the sky player about 3-4 hours ago.

his status was:

Sky Player
watching a show

then later it said he was browsing the catalogue.

Associate
OP
i didn't realize you need to pay for multi room to use sky player !! what a rip off

got any info on this - if thats true then i'll not bother, sky get enough money from us TV (all except Sports), Phone, and internet.

Sky Player is free on the PC, it should be the same on the 360. I do use Sky Player on the PC, but it would be nice on the 360, where (i hope) its set out better.

Soldato
got any info on this - if thats true then i'll not bother, sky get enough money from us TV (all except Sports), Phone, and internet.

Sky Player is free on the PC, it should be the same on the 360. I do use Sky Player on the PC, but it would be nice on the 360, where (i hope) its set out better.

Sky Player is not entirely free on the PC. There are only a select few programs that can be watched for free and you need to be subscribed to the TV counterpart for it to work. So for example to watch Sky Sports 1 Live, you need to subscribe to Sky Sports 1 and then be subscribed to either Sky Broadband Unlimited/ Sky Multiroom / Sky Player Multiroom.

I have no doubt, in fact ill bet that Sky will charge for the 360 use with some stupid new sub called "360 multi-room" or something. They are in it for the money and always have been from the start. Sky never, ever, give anything away for free.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sky Player is not entirely free on the PC. There are only a select few programs that can be watched for free and you need to be subscribed to the TV counterpart for it to work. So for example to watch Sky Sports 1 Live, you need to subscribe to Sky Sports 1 and then be subscribed to either Sky Broadband Unlimited/ Sky Multiroom / Sky Player Multiroom.

I have no doubt, in fact ill bet that Sky will charge for the 360 use with some stupid new sub called "360 multi-room" or something. They are in it for the money and always have been from the start. Sky never, ever, give anything away for free.

I know its not all free - some channels/progs are only available if you have the TV package - even then some older TV series etc you have to pay or rent. But if it works the same way as Sky Player on the PC it wil be good.

We have full Sky for everything apart from the TV where we dont have Sports.

I found some early screens of it, so it looks like they must be currently testing it, also EDDS mention he noticed someone using it.

If Sky/MS charge for what people who have Sky subs etc, get via Sky Player on the PC - they can stuff that.

Back
Top Bottom